2003 Lincoln Aviator SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Aviator model:
Bought this car new LOVE IT
By v_sanders1 on 05/16/13 16:01 PM (PDT)

2003 Lincoln Aviator SUV Premium Rwd 4dr SUV (4.6L 8cyl 5A)

I've owned this car for 11 years new and it still looks beautiful inside and out. No problems what so ever and I only change the oil when it says to. It drives wonderful and is very safe (airbags even in back). I would buy this car all over again but they quit making them during our economic slump :( You will not go wrong with this year model 2003

Only drive while under warranty
By Al on 03/23/10 17:04 PM (PDT)

2003 Lincoln Aviator SUV Premium Rwd 4dr SUV (4.6L 8cyl 5A)

Its a pretty good bet that the transmission will need some work. At about 35k miles, mine needed to be overhauled while on a road trip out of state. Ignition coils were recalled and I would recommend just getting all 8 original coils replaced, BEFORE they go out, which eventually they will. Overall, I've enjoyed owning this Aviator but now that it's well past the Lincoln warranty and extended warranty expiration, it's time to let this Aviator get some rest before it puts me in the poorhouse.

2003 Lincoln Aviator premium Edition
By Rancher on 03/12/10 06:20 AM (PST)

2003 Lincoln Aviator SUV Premium Rwd 4dr SUV (4.6L 8cyl 5A)

This vehicle rocks. purchased new I now have over 130,000 miles and still going strong. The ride and comfort is still exceptional. While this model does not have stability control or the roll over features it is a great vehicle. The car can be at a comfortable 70-75 miles per hour, and then go into passing mode quickly with no lag and hit over 90 with ease, and yeah I have done that both new and with current total miles. The engine is strong and sure. I am now having an issue with the differential and am looking for another Aviator to purchase. I have towed a 21 ft boat, two jet skies, with this car,(no, not all at once) and it still tracks smoothly with no sway. Would buy this again.

little problems
By pam on 02/19/10 16:22 PM (PST)

2003 Lincoln Aviator SUV Premium AWD 4dr SUV (4.6L 8cyl 5A)

I bought my aviator used it had 22,000 miles. I love it. No big problems. Replaced a coil after 106,000 miles. The dash board lights some times go on & off, but easy to deal with.

Never an issue
By abqlincoln on 02/03/10 19:10 PM (PST)

2003 Lincoln Aviator SUV Luxury Rwd 4dr SUV (4.6L 8cyl 5A)

We have loved this for 2 years and have loved it. A lot of people complain about the mileage but for a full sized SUV to get 21 mpg on the highway at 80 mph I have no complaints at all. Around town we get 15 mpg but again, I never expected this to be an economy car. It has been very reliable and has never given us an issue.

Love my Aviator
By LD on 11/12/09 00:01 AM (PST)

2003 Lincoln Aviator SUV Luxury AWD 4dr SUV (4.6L 8cyl 5A)

Had my Aviator since 2003 and loved every day I have had it. I can't beleive they don't make them any more. For sure, I would go out and purchase another one. I also thought this about my Mark VII. I guess I am just hooked on a Lincolns.

Extremely Poor Reliability
By Rsmith on 07/08/09 06:50 AM (PDT)

2003 Lincoln Aviator SUV Luxury Rwd 4dr SUV (4.6L 8cyl 5A)

Enjoy the vehicle, plenty of power, comfort and overall utility. However, with only 75,000 miles, the following maintenance issues have developed. On three wheels the bearing failed,$1,600, the number eight cylinder is bad, requiring over $4,000 in repairs, transmission failed, over $3,000 repair, driver side window motor failed, $350 in repair, back window hatch cracked, and now the shift lever is bad. The dealer did not treat me as a valued customer, but tried to gouge me and stated that I should get rid of the vehicle. This is by far the most unreliable vehicle that I have ever owned. Wil never purchase another Lincoln or so called American car.

Great SUV
By vinny on 02/15/09 19:44 PM (PST)

2003 Lincoln Aviator SUV Luxury AWD 4dr SUV (4.6L 8cyl 5A)

I bought my 2003 Aviator new. The truck is quick and beautiful looking. I got it in the pearl white with the white leather. Not the best choice with kids but still looks good after 6 years. I did have two problems which the dealer fixed under the warranty .The idler pulley was giving off a whining noise. They replaced it and it fixed the problem . The second problem was a rough idle and it would come close to stalling. It was a vacuum leak that the dealer fixed with the warranty. I have 61,000 on it now and it has started to idle rough again but I'm sure it is a simple fix . People who complain about the interior of this truck are crazy. It is very luxurious and comfortable.

My first Lincoln, great SUV love it
By ziear on 12/21/08 14:22 PM (PST)

2003 Lincoln Aviator SUV Luxury AWD 4dr SUV (4.6L 8cyl 5A)

I bought this Aviator for my birthday and drove it from Philidelphia to Atlanta it drove like a dreams and continues to. Only thing that needs improving is the gas mileage. A fun hot ride.

Stay Away!
By Kamil on 11/19/08 20:38 PM (PST)

2003 Lincoln Aviator SUV Luxury AWD 4dr SUV (4.6L 8cyl 5A)

Rides nice, comfort and luxury, but American car makers still have a long way to go! This car is very unreliable, had so many issues, transmission, heated seats, fog lights, torque converter, remote starter. Americans can create nice options but can't seem to make them last. The car has 54k and has problems like it was over 150,000! The electronics stink on this thing. Every fuse or some module goes every month. It's still under warranty, and that's how I will sell it!