Used 2003 Lincoln Aviator Consumer Reviews - 114 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2003 Lincoln Aviator - Consumer Reviews

2003 Lincoln Aviator

View reviews for a specific Aviator model:

good
By jakediggsjr7@gmail.com

2003 Lincoln Aviator Luxury Rwd 4dr SUV (4.6L 8cyl 5A)

I just got my first aviator
By armymechanic

2003 Lincoln Aviator Premium AWD 4dr SUV (4.6L 8cyl 5A)

I was very surprised with its power and fuel mileage and I'm curious at how well it will tow a boat up and down steep hills because I'm considering getting a small 18' pontoon boat I'm wondering if it can muster it and Lincoln SUVs are the best and are really reliable and i just got my aviator but last year I had the privilege to own my very first Lincoln and I have always wanted an SUV and 4x4 and a Lincoln and I ended up knocking all out with one stone I had a 1999 navigator which was totaled out 9months later I got t-boned by a 21year old and now I have my aviator it's been a blessing from God to have an other Lincoln they are worth and I walked away from rolling 3 times they are the best

Everything

Have more head room like the navigator

Bought this car new LOVE IT
By v_sanders1

2003 Lincoln Aviator Premium Rwd 4dr SUV (4.6L 8cyl 5A)

I've owned this car for 11 years new and it still looks beautiful inside and out. No problems what so ever and I only change the oil when it says to. It drives wonderful and is very safe (airbags even in back). I would buy this car all over again but they quit making them during our economic slump :( You will not go wrong with this year model 2003

side and rear air bags, a/c and heated seats, electric everything~even foot pedals with memory for all. Drives so nice still after 11 years! All interior and exterior look like new. Very durable mechanically and trim

Wish Ford/Lincoln would have recalled for the lift gate split that every model from these years has but other than that, its a perfect car

Only drive while under warranty
By Al

2003 Lincoln Aviator Premium Rwd 4dr SUV (4.6L 8cyl 5A)

Its a pretty good bet that the transmission will need some work. At about 35k miles, mine needed to be overhauled while on a road trip out of state. Ignition coils were recalled and I would recommend just getting all 8 original coils replaced, BEFORE they go out, which eventually they will. Overall, I've enjoyed owning this Aviator but now that it's well past the Lincoln warranty and extended warranty expiration, it's time to let this Aviator get some rest before it puts me in the poorhouse.

Very smooth ride, v8 engine, climate control seats, instrument layout and illumination

Reliable transmission, more 2nd row legroom, more durable upper lift gate panel (had it replaced 3 times due to the mysterious crack that all Aviator and Explorer owners are familiar with)

2003 Lincoln Aviator premium Edition
By Rancher

2003 Lincoln Aviator Premium Rwd 4dr SUV (4.6L 8cyl 5A)

This vehicle rocks. purchased new I now have over 130,000 miles and still going strong. The ride and comfort is still exceptional. While this model does not have stability control or the roll over features it is a great vehicle. The car can be at a comfortable 70-75 miles per hour, and then go into passing mode quickly with no lag and hit over 90 with ease, and yeah I have done that both new and with current total miles. The engine is strong and sure. I am now having an issue with the differential and am looking for another Aviator to purchase. I have towed a 21 ft boat, two jet skies, with this car,(no, not all at once) and it still tracks smoothly with no sway. Would buy this again.

Interior, exterior and the size of the engine and total features package

Interior room could have been improved as second row seats are not movable, other wise I like the vehicle.