Used 2008 Lexus SC 430 Base Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2008 Lexus SC 430 - Consumer Reviews

Base 4.3L V8 6-speed Automatic - (4 reviews )

Wonderful to Drive
By 1driver2another

2008 Lexus SC 430 2dr Convertible (4.3L 8cyl 6A)

This car is a complete joy. Two of my best friends also drive the Lexus SC430, and we all agree. It's the most fun, feel-good car we've ever driven! I enjoy the ease of the retractable hardtop and love the design/look of this car. People stop to compliment this beautiful Lexus.

The coffee holder could be improved.

SC 430
By bill

2008 Lexus SC 430 2dr Convertible (4.3L 8cyl 6A)

This is a great reliable car. Workmanship is excellent. Our last car was a 2005 Corvette and it spent many days at the repair shop. This car has never had any repair problems and it has 36,000 miles on it. I would strongly recommend this car.

Acceleration is great. Smooth ride. Reliable. Convertible top. Sound system.

Lexus SC 430-2008
By GMorgan

2008 Lexus SC 430 2dr Convertible (4.3L 8cyl 6A)

I have owned as many as 50 cars in my time. My lexus sc 430 convertible out wins them all. The leather is so soft and inviting that I can ride in the car all day. The sound system is tops, and the driving experience is like none other. The paint on the car is beautiful and I am trying to preserve this car because I do not think that there will be another like it. The body style commands attention, what can I say except that this car has earned the number one place from me!

My favorite feature of this car is the convertible hardtop. I enjoy being able to put the top down in less than a minute. I also like the navigation system, the bluetooth compatibility, and of course the six CD changer.

There are only three things that I would improve in this model. The glove compartment, the trunk, and the back seats respectively all need more room.

A classy ride
By Baer

2008 Lexus SC 430 2dr Convertible (4.3L 8cyl 6A)

I'm now 72 years old and have owned many fine nameplates in the past including BMW, Mercedes, Porsche and Audi. This car is an engineering masterpiece and a joy to own in its own right. I love top down cruising in the countryside with that smooth V-8 under my right foot. Turning on the Mark Levinson to my favorite tunes adds to the pleasure. It's a style that grows on you not unlike the new Mercedes SL, and for a lot less money. When it is replaced next year I doubt there will be another quite like it.

Interior detailing; smooth V-8; transmission; convertible rigidity; Tourmaline wheel option.

The OE Dunlop run flats are too hard for my liking.