Used 2007 Lexus SC 430 Convertible Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2007 Lexus Sc-430 - Consumer Reviews

Base 4.3L V8 6-speed Automatic - (9 reviews )

Can't ask for more!
By Abe

2007 Lexus SC 430 Convertible 2dr Convertible (4.3L 8cyl 6A)

Traded in my RX300 with this SC430 new in 2007. Three years & 34,000 miles later, I have not had any problems with this car. Black Sapphire exterior and Camel leather interior turns head anywhere I go. Had to change the tires at the 26000-mile mark. With depreciation and maintenance be ready to have a $1000 a month expense on this car. It's worth every dime!

Favorite Features

Smooth & quiet ride.

Suggested Improvements

None!

2007 SC430 Pebble beach Edition
By Kevin Flanagan

2007 Lexus SC 430 Convertible 2dr Convertible (4.3L 8cyl 6A)

Purchased this car used with only 7000 miles. This car has exceeded my expectations in all respects. The engineering, fit and finish are beyond reproach. The only concern is the run flat tires. I got the P.B. Edition and love it. I doesn't compare to Porsche, but wasn't designed to do so. A great car for me at 66 yrs.

Favorite Features

Roof in trunk in 20 secs

Suggested Improvements

Z RATED TIRES NOT NECESSARY ON THIS MODEL

Run flat tires
By Agatha

2007 Lexus SC 430 Convertible 2dr Convertible (4.3L 8cyl 6A)

I love driving this car but I have serious problems with tires separating from the rim. Within the last 4 months, I had to replace 3 tires at $400 each. The car does not even have 15K on it. I am an experienced driver but have never experienced such a problem. I believe that the Dunlap run flat tires are of an inferior quality and need improvement. Lexus dealer informed me that these tires are much thinner on the outer portion of the tire. Maybe that is the problem but we as consumers should not suffer from that! When one buys a $65,000 car, he or she should expect quality including the quality of the tires.

Favorite Features

Convertible feature and great control and acceleration on the road

Suggested Improvements

Improve the tires so they do not separate from the rim. Stain protect the interior. Design the side windows in such a way that moisture and water do not drip into the car after opening the windows.

My Midlife Dream Car!!!
By kid free mom

2007 Lexus SC 430 Convertible 2dr Convertible (4.3L 8cyl 6A)

Just bought a lightly used '07 with 4000 miles. Just love it! The interior stands up against the Mercedes SL while being $40k less. Wanted a luxurious, smooth ride, with pep when I want it. This car is absolutely perfect! And the reliability of Lexus makes it a real no-brainer!

Favorite Features

Sound system, luxury interior, surprising interior room

Suggested Improvements

Folding rear seats would be great, as well as satellite radio.

Looks arent everything
By GeorgiaGirl

2007 Lexus SC 430 Convertible 2dr Convertible (4.3L 8cyl 6A)

I had recently bought the Lexus SC430 and I truly hate this car. I have the rare pebble beach edition too. The first problem was that my left headlamp fell off while I was driving on the highway. Lexus said that it was due to driver neglegance. Then my power top got stuck halfway closed they did replace it. Then my alternator went bad I've been through six already. Then three days ago my brakes let go coming up my driveway. The car is nice looking yes but its very unrealiable. Then my whole instrument panel stopped working. That cost me $1,100 dollars because it wasn't covered. I also have a Cadillac STS-V and that gets better mpg than the Lexus. Im trading this in for a most likely a Cadillac.

Favorite Features

the color is stunning and I do want it on my next Cadillac. the seats are very comfortable. the controls are also very user friendly and easy to reach. I do love the steering wheel radio and climate controls.

Suggested Improvements

Lexus really needs to go back to the drawing board for under and around the hood improvements.