Used 2006 Lexus SC 430 Base Convertible Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2006 Lexus Sc-430 - Consumer Reviews

Base 4.3L V8 6-speed Automatic - (23 reviews )

Great & it's not even summer
By Bubba

2006 Lexus SC 430 Convertible 2dr Convertible (4.3L 8cyl 6A)

I think the GPS is very intuitive and I've never used one. I activated the bluetooth without the manual and it definitely works when the car in moving. Hearing the other party is much better than my other car's bluetooth hook up. I even like the token back seat that holds my son until he'll move to the front. I love the headlights that go around the corner and the seats that fit like a glove. I'm not thrilled that it asks for premium fuel but that's not a big deal. I can't wait to drop the top this summer but love the fact that the PA winters are not harming a soft top while waiting for summer to come.

Favorite Features

Hard top convertible, run flat tires, steering wheel radio controls, two driver position memory, passenger set memory.

Suggested Improvements

Mountable/demountable trunk rack for suitcases.

Overrated
By chuck

2006 Lexus SC 430 Convertible 2dr Convertible (4.3L 8cyl 6A)

We got this car mostly due to the hardtop convertible feature. The design and comfort are very nice while the performance and drive are lackluster. The car seemed to have been designed for an older driving population who want the look of a convertible in a Lincoln Town Car frame. The technology and nav system is very counter intuitive with the entire system disabled while driving, so you'd have to park the car before using your nav system or Bluetooth phone. Be careful of Lexus dealers lying to you about this feature. All in all, this car is somewhat disappointing but if you're looking to have a convertible look that drives like a sedan, then it's the right car for you.

Favorite Features

Comfort, hard top convertible

Suggested Improvements

Performance, handling, and the nav system

Dream Car
By Harry55

2006 Lexus SC 430 Convertible 2dr Convertible (4.3L 8cyl 6A)

Super vehicle. Amazingly quiet even with top down. Acceleration and braking are great, as billed in the literature. A real lux sport coupe on winding roads. A fantastic ride.

Favorite Features

Hard top convertible. Cornering at speed.

Suggested Improvements

Few to be added. Could use Lexus "intelligent" wiper system. Shifting manually could be better with more engine noise (anti-Lexus policy).

Your only decision will be which color.
By SCsc430

2006 Lexus SC 430 Convertible 2dr Convertible (4.3L 8cyl 6A)

This is my first Lexus, and driving the SC 430 goes well beyond my most extreme expectations. It has the silkiest shifting transmission I have ever experienced on a car, and the ride is like floating on air. Ultra-comfortable front seats, and plenty of power help to complement the other features of this car. Test one, and compare it to the other cars in this segment. Your only choice will be which color combination to get.

Favorite Features

Retractable hardtop; sound system; silky smooth transmission.

Suggested Improvements

XM radio, steering-wheel-mounted cruise controls, and a more advanced voice recognition system.

Awesome
By Tom Fink

2006 Lexus SC 430 Convertible 2dr Convertible (4.3L 8cyl 6A)

Everything about this car has been perfect!

Favorite Features

Styling and performance are superior to all others considered in this class.

Suggested Improvements

The sound system is great, but I would add XM Satellite reception to complete the package.