2006 Lexus SC 430 - Consumer Reviews

Base 4.3L V8 6-speed Automatic - (23 reviews )
Great & it's not even summer
By Bubba on 01/26/09 13:32 PM (PST)

2006 Lexus SC 430 2dr Convertible (4.3L 8cyl 6A)

I think the GPS is very intuitive and I've never used one. I activated the bluetooth without the manual and it definitely works when the car in moving. Hearing the other party is much better than my other car's bluetooth hook up. I even like the token back seat that holds my son until he'll move to the front. I love the headlights that go around the corner and the seats that fit like a glove. I'm not thrilled that it asks for premium fuel but that's not a big deal. I can't wait to drop the top this summer but love the fact that the PA winters are not harming a soft top while waiting for summer to come.

Overrated
By chuck on 06/14/08 13:53 PM (PDT)

2006 Lexus SC 430 2dr Convertible (4.3L 8cyl 6A)

We got this car mostly due to the hardtop convertible feature. The design and comfort are very nice while the performance and drive are lackluster. The car seemed to have been designed for an older driving population who want the look of a convertible in a Lincoln Town Car frame. The technology and nav system is very counter intuitive with the entire system disabled while driving, so you'd have to park the car before using your nav system or Bluetooth phone. Be careful of Lexus dealers lying to you about this feature. All in all, this car is somewhat disappointing but if you're looking to have a convertible look that drives like a sedan, then it's the right car for you.

Dream Car
By Harry55 on 05/06/07 01:55 AM (PDT)

2006 Lexus SC 430 2dr Convertible (4.3L 8cyl 6A)

Super vehicle. Amazingly quiet even with top down. Acceleration and braking are great, as billed in the literature. A real lux sport coupe on winding roads. A fantastic ride.

Your only decision will be which color.
By SCsc430 on 12/26/06 14:08 PM (PST)

2006 Lexus SC 430 2dr Convertible (4.3L 8cyl 6A)

This is my first Lexus, and driving the SC 430 goes well beyond my most extreme expectations. It has the silkiest shifting transmission I have ever experienced on a car, and the ride is like floating on air. Ultra-comfortable front seats, and plenty of power help to complement the other features of this car. Test one, and compare it to the other cars in this segment. Your only choice will be which color combination to get.

Awesome
By Tom Fink on 10/19/06 14:12 PM (PDT)

2006 Lexus SC 430 2dr Convertible (4.3L 8cyl 6A)

Everything about this car has been perfect!

My fantasy fulfilled
By mac richardson on 09/12/06 16:41 PM (PDT)

2006 Lexus SC 430 2dr Convertible (4.3L 8cyl 6A)

This car has always been a dream car for me, never thought i would own one. We purchased two Lexuses at the same time, my SC 430 and my partners GS 450 Hybrid. We chose Lexus again because of design/build quality but also equally because of customer service. The fit and finish of both vehicles is outstanding, and the driving performance is awesome. I wanted a luxury convertible, but my requirement was HARD TOP. That leaves me with either the Lexus or the Mercedes. I chose Lexus.

SC 430
By dkempf on 08/30/06 06:15 AM (PDT)

2006 Lexus SC 430 2dr Convertible (4.3L 8cyl 6A)

Visibilty of the nose and rear end drops off when parking. There is a lack of any bumpers on doors to avoid dings. The paint quality on the exterior is not as good as it should be. I am MOST disappointed in the exterior paint. After purchase I had some zinc oxide rub off on the interior arm rests. Lexus was completely at a loss as to what to do. I am sure other people buying a Lexus convertible will also use sunscreen and have a similar problem. It is very quiet and does not beat you up when the top is down.

Chips
By BJBreslow on 07/20/06 19:37 PM (PDT)

2006 Lexus SC 430 2dr Convertible (4.3L 8cyl 6A)

After only 6k iles I have 11 paint chips on the hood of the vehicle. Lexus claims road hazard. I say every stone or pebble on the highway must be hitting me. Only 1k miles on highway. How is it possible. Chrome around grill vs painted plastic. Two chips there as well! Very disappointed!

Gorgeous and reliable fun
By Beinn on 07/07/06 13:05 PM (PDT)

2006 Lexus SC 430 2dr Convertible (4.3L 8cyl 6A)

Terrific styling, not seen too often.

Maui cruiser
By chrisinmaui on 07/06/06 22:29 PM (PDT)

2006 Lexus SC 430 2dr Convertible (4.3L 8cyl 6A)

Unbelievable ride, grace and class. Run flat tires are silent even with the top down. I have never owned or driven anything like this. Looked at all other options but there is no equal for the money in elegance ride and overall feel. This car is made for running tropical moonlight nights with the top down. Top up it is not recognizable as a convertable. My only wish is gas mileage was a littee better, getting 19mpg @ 2000 on the odometer.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.