2005 Lexus SC 430 Consumer Review: Not a great car.

2005 Lexus SC 430 - Consumer Review

Not a great car.
By Tom Nault on

2005 Lexus SC 430 2dr Convertible (4.3L 8cyl 5A)

I've owned one for a year and I've nothing but annoying problems. Most are loud rattles and squeaks that the dealer can't seem to fix even though they hear them. The passenger seat shudders with every bump if unloaded. The car has been a complete nightmare and I don't recommend it to anyone unless you don't mind constant loud squeaks and other unwelcome noises. The car had more minor problems than most I've owned. As an example, the left headlight washer didn't retract, grease kept smearing along the passenger side window, and the carpet had to be replaces just because of missing ring for the rug anchor. I'm very disappointed in Lexus for their failure to find a solution.

The car well thought out and looks great. I think my experience makes it harder to think about the things I like.

The car is not stiff enough and consequently has problems as a result. Lexus said I had to just live with the seat shuddering with ever bump! This is not what I expect from Lexus.