2005 Lexus SC 430 Base Convertible Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2005 Lexus Sc-430 - Consumer Reviews

2005 SC 430 Consumer Reviews

Base 4.3L V8 5-speed Automatic - (73 reviews )

Sort Reviews by

Best Convertible on the Road
By Michael B. Johnson

2005 Lexus SC 430 Convertible 2dr Convertible (4.3L 8cyl 5A)

In the few months that I have owned the SC 430 hardly a day has passed that I have not had someone on the street make a compliment about my car. I purchased the Pebble Beach Edition and I must say that it by far is the BEST looking car on the road. The special edition black is absolutely breath taking. The car handles beautifully on the road as well. I am especially pleased with the hard top conv. I live in a climate that does not allow the top to be down all the time and I enjoy the fact that you do not notice that you are driving a conv. with the top up. The Lexus quality and the dealerships are the highest quality that I have encounter to date. Looking forward to the new SC 430 model.

Favorite Features

My favorite feature is the hard top convertible and the over all luxury of the interior of the car. Everything on the inside of the vehicle is placed where it can be easily used.

Suggested Improvements

In my opinion, the use of the back seat is very optional. It is nice to have and can option as a truck when the top is down. I feel most people that own a conv. hardly ever use a back seat in a conv. so perhaps eliminating the back seat could be an option. I would be happy with or without it.

Best car I've owned!
By joe

2005 Lexus SC 430 Convertible 2dr Convertible (4.3L 8cyl 5A)

Fun car, superb characteristics top down or up, quick but not lightening fast. Attracts alot of attention from everyone, so you cannot hide in this beauty. Very reliable. Best on a warm sunny day without a doubt. It is a treat to drive, even after 3 years of ownership. The best car I have owned, including LS and GS 400 models, Jags...

Favorite Features

Hatd-top convertible, handles very well, stereo is sublime, very comfortable and beautiful interior. "Chick magnet"

Suggested Improvements

Ride is a bit harsh on rough roads, bad on snow, more power/torque, blind spots to either rear/side

You Can't get any better
By mogulteach

2005 Lexus SC 430 Convertible 2dr Convertible (4.3L 8cyl 5A)

I have had many cars in my life this is one of the best if not the one. I have enjoyed it so much it makes me feel like a kid again.

Favorite Features

The audio system is the finest I have heard. Better then the bose that I always thought was the best.The interior is classic.And it can get up and go.

Suggested Improvements

More room in the trunk and take out the back seat.

Lexus SC 430
By Greg

2005 Lexus SC 430 Convertible 2dr Convertible (4.3L 8cyl 5A)

I've enjoyed the SC 430 - good power, handling and comfort in a very solid platform. Quality is first rate, and customer support is the best there is. Although small, the availability of 2 seats for small children is a plus.

Favorite Features

Retractable hardtop, sound system, and interior appointments.

Suggested Improvements

Body styling is sedate. I've heard Lexus may have plans to restyle for 2006. I haven't been able to confirm this - I'm interested in knowing if anyone has any information,

Reliable fun car at 8/10 of drive
By Dr Gus

2005 Lexus SC 430 Convertible 2dr Convertible (4.3L 8cyl 5A)

Just bought this care last week. Great car. Previous Lexus owner. The best features of this car by far is its reliability and build quality. If you are looking for a pure sports car look to another auto maker such as Porsche. I am also a current Cayenne and Boxster owner. Lexus by far is light years ahead in build quality and value but at 8/10 of the fun for those who really care. If you are looking for a semi sporting luxury convertible hardtop that is a great value and most importantly very reliable and practicle look no further than the SC 430.

Favorite Features

Structural integrity, design, reliability, resale value, and Lexus service. I like every thing about this car.

Suggested Improvements

Get rid of the run flat tires. I cannot wait to replace. I had to take a policy that will repair the tires and rims just in case they bend. I have heard a lot of people having these problems. Better low end torque would make this car a rocket.

TYPICALLY BRILLIANT LEXUS PRODUCT
By ROBERT HAAS

2005 Lexus SC 430 Convertible 2dr Convertible (4.3L 8cyl 5A)

Although I put off buying such an expensive luxury convertible, it was well worth the price. I have had no problems whatsoever and the added chrome wheels and gold package makes it unique. I own an RX330 also and my wife loves it. The SC430 and RX330 are high end quality vehicles. Obviously, Lexus has excellent quality control.

Favorite Features

The sound system is the best I've found in a luxury car. The look is beautiful and the tinted windows add privacy. The GPS system really comes in handy. The convertible top works very well and on a cool sunny day it is one of the main reasons I bought the SC430.

Suggested Improvements

I wish it came in a 5 speed and had a larger engine (350+hp). I used to own a Porsche 928S4 and production ceased. It was fun to drive. The Porsche was in the shop 50% of the time. I added a satellite radio in the SC430 which the dealer would not do. The SC430 needs that option.

SC 430
By jesslvaudio

2005 Lexus SC 430 Convertible 2dr Convertible (4.3L 8cyl 5A)

What can be said, other than the fact that I test drove the rest, and bought the best. Lexus quality cannot be surpassed.

Papa's 43
By Richard

2005 Lexus SC 430 Convertible 2dr Convertible (4.3L 8cyl 5A)

Vehicle rides like a luxury sedan, but has wonderful pickup and handling ability.

Favorite Features

Love all aspects of the car. I drive it daily to and from work.

Suggested Improvements

Seat belts spring back to fast. Sometimes hits the door edge if door isopen when removing belt and chips paint

Peaceful Power
By Charlene Johnson

2005 Lexus SC 430 Convertible 2dr Convertible (4.3L 8cyl 5A)

This car is the most fun I've had driving since my 1963 Stingray! It's incredible comfort is the icing on the cake to it's impressive power and smooth ride. The two back seats are very handy to have in a hardtop convertible although the trunk space is very adequate. One purchase I'll never regret!

Favorite Features

My favorite feature is the smoothness of such a powerful ride. It truly "hugs" the road. It's easy to hit 90 and not even realize it.

Suggested Improvements

I miss the air-conditioned seats and rain activated windshield of the LS. With the visor down, the view of the road is obstructed. A bigger windshield or smaller visor would help.

Love this Car
By Jonnyjmp

2005 Lexus SC 430 Convertible 2dr Convertible (4.3L 8cyl 5A)

I have to say this has been the best car I have ever owned. The only problem is people want to talk to tell you how nice the car looks when you have the top down and are stopped at a light.

Favorite Features

The hardtop, the lines, the sound the engine makes, and all the electronics.

Suggested Improvements

Could have on star and some of the other features found in other Lexus models.