Used 2005 Lexus SC 430 Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2005 Lexus SC 430 - Consumer Reviews

Base 4.3L V8 5-speed Automatic - (73 reviews )

The best car I have drive so far..
By darlene wooten

2005 Lexus SC 430 2dr Convertible (4.3L 8cyl 5A)

I have driven the BMW 330Ci and this car by far outshines the BMW..The comfort, the sleek style and pure luxory that you obtain with this car is incredible..I am 44 and have a twin sister..We bought matching 430sc's..We love them!! And, they creat quite a statement!!

The saddle leather interior and the gps system that is in the car..This has proved to be top notch and invaluable when traveling..

BEST DANG CAR I'VE OWNED!
By myfirstlexus

2005 Lexus SC 430 2dr Convertible (4.3L 8cyl 5A)

This has to be one of the most luxurious vehicles I've ever been in let alone owned. Fast mover, head turner and a perfect fit for a female (all the controls are really at arms reach.) I see ppl complaining about no back seat. I believe it wasn't made for ppl to sit back there, but for lower insurance premiums by technically being a 4 seater. Bentley has a new model out with the same "issue", that I can assure you they will not be addressing. It's done on purpose. Sure has more room than a SLK which has no space behind the seats.

Extremely comfortable, every stinkin feature you could ask for, AWESOME sound system (you go Mark Levinson!), great pickup...I could go on and on.

This is my 2nd '05 SC430 in 7 months. My 1st one got toasted when a guys car next to mine caught aflame. Models produced in '05 have a different vendors nav system than the '04 produced and they eliminated all my POI's in a 15 mi radius from my home. Hopefully the update due in fall will have them.

Total Class
By eric

2005 Lexus SC 430 2dr Convertible (4.3L 8cyl 5A)

This is simply the best car I have ever had. It rides beautifully, the levinson stereo is amazing, the new wheels are much improved, and retracting the roof is quick, simple push of a button. The interior is absolutely gorgeous.

lexuslover
By momota

2005 Lexus SC 430 2dr Convertible (4.3L 8cyl 5A)

Despite some saying the back seat is useless, I find it perfect for storage ... golf clubs fit, groceries, small travel bags, etc. This is in addition to extra space in the trunk even with the top retracted. I find it has more room than the z3, z4, audi tt, mercedes slk, etc. Also it has absolutely THE BEST stereo. And it is tons of fun to drive in luxury!

retractable hard top, stereo, comfortable seats, excellent V8

Fun in the Sun
By George Pannell

2005 Lexus SC 430 2dr Convertible (4.3L 8cyl 5A)

This is the best vehicle we have ever owned,married 37 years and we have owned quite a few! Living in Las Vegas provides the enjoyment of maximum use of a convertible that turns heads with unbelievable performance and Luxury. We are approaching retirement and this is a keeper along with our RX 330. Couldn't be more satisfied with this beautiful automobile.

Ease of operation of the covertible hardtop, beautiful appearance, handling and the excellent sound system.

Gas mileage can always be better but didn't buy for gas economy!