Used 2005 Lexus SC 430 Convertible Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2005 Lexus SC 430 Convertible - Consumer Reviews

Base 4.3L V8 5-speed Automatic - (73 reviews )

SC 430 Excellence
By arabesque

2005 Lexus SC 430 Convertible 2dr Convertible (4.3L 8cyl 5A)

Having owned two SC 400's the purchase of a 2005 SC 430 was a natural and welcome happening. The car is so much fun to own and drive! Exceptional quality in comfort and style, power and dependability, the Lexus SC 430 fits our needs for sport and travel. Sure, its a bit short on rear seat room and luggage space but we consider it a sports car with a strong engine and smooth ride. The safety features and treatment of options are Lexus quality through and through. We are truely satisfied with this premium automobile. Wish they still made them!

Ease of top operation. Fit and finish. Instrumentation. Smooth ride comfort. Lexus dealer support. Quiet engine. Value of resale worth. Fun to drive.

Chose your style tires, run flat or conventional. This is not a show stopper. Lexus should detail how to pack luggage to fit in rear seat area. Offer tailored luggage? Lexus should allow later options to be retrofitted to older models? I.E. seat cooling, push button start, etc.

2005 Lexus SC 430 2dr Convertible
By Annie

2005 Lexus SC 430 Convertible 2dr Convertible (4.3L 8cyl 5A)

I have previously owned a BMW. I like this classy look of Lexus SC 430. I enjoy the hard top convertible of this car. This care gives me a quiet ride and fun to drive. It is very comfortable to ride especially on a weekend trip.

Stereo system and navigation system

Paint and Trunk does not go up easily. Sun visor is too short. Run flat tires just too expensive to keep and cost extra to have a spare tire in the trunk. Back seat just a waste. DO NOT GO TO Putnam dealership for service. There is absolutely no service.

The Perfect Cocoon of Luxury
By Victoria

2005 Lexus SC 430 Convertible 2dr Convertible (4.3L 8cyl 5A)

The Lexus SC430 is a near perfect animal. It growls when you need it to but purrs all the time. This automobile is second to none in quality build, interior comfort and beauty, and all around elegance and class. When I drive my SC 430 (black with saddle, ooh la la) heads turn. She's a beauty. And amazingly, she's as much fun with the top up as down. The perfect cocoon of silence and safety, the way the side of the door is higher than most cars gives you the feeling of being wrapped up in LUXURY!!! I should know. I own a $160 thousand dollar Porsche along with thirty other luxury and sport cars. This car is my daily driver because life is too short to settle for less than the best.

Sound System Leather (mine is saddle)

Sport shift

Best convertable?
By peter john

2005 Lexus SC 430 Convertible 2dr Convertible (4.3L 8cyl 5A)

I used to have a Mazda Miata back in 1990 and belonged to the Miata Club of America. Then went to a Mercedes 190 evo. loved the car but the fun factor was not there. Now this Lexus is a dream come true! Power, style, and reliability! Wow! By far the best car in the world for me. I love to just hop in and drive with no destination in mind. Looking to go from Toronto to Vancouver next summer. What other car would be as awesome?

Style, performance, not bad on gas. And mostly reliability!!!

Hmmm better back seat? Nah its a drivers car with room for one only. How about some rad new colours?

Peeble beach review
By peeble beach

2005 Lexus SC 430 Convertible 2dr Convertible (4.3L 8cyl 5A)

I would like to see this sexy vehicle stay around. I cannot believe the plug is about to be pulled on this work of art. The only change I feel is necessary is the front end design. A couple minor changes could make this car very popular once again. The head lights cover too much space. I feel a change that resembles the front end of of the mercedes SL 550 would greatly improve its appeal. Do that and I'll buy another.

Overall look, design and feel.

Front end design needs some minor modification. The head lights look too bulky. They cover too much surface of the hood. I would like to see two small rounded head lights like on the mercedes coupe.