2005 Lexus SC 430 - Consumer Reviews

Base 4.3L V8 5-speed Automatic - (73 reviews )
SC 430 Excellence
By arabesque on 05/31/11 16:37 PM (PDT)

2005 Lexus SC 430 2dr Convertible (4.3L 8cyl 5A)

Having owned two SC 400's the purchase of a 2005 SC 430 was a natural and welcome happening. The car is so much fun to own and drive! Exceptional quality in comfort and style, power and dependability, the Lexus SC 430 fits our needs for sport and travel. Sure, its a bit short on rear seat room and luggage space but we consider it a sports car with a strong engine and smooth ride. The safety features and treatment of options are Lexus quality through and through. We are truely satisfied with this premium automobile. Wish they still made them!

2005 Lexus SC 430 2dr Convertible
By Annie on 10/27/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2005 Lexus SC 430 2dr Convertible (4.3L 8cyl 5A)

I have previously owned a BMW. I like this classy look of Lexus SC 430. I enjoy the hard top convertible of this car. This care gives me a quiet ride and fun to drive. It is very comfortable to ride especially on a weekend trip.

The Perfect Cocoon of Luxury
By Victoria on 01/05/10 11:51 AM (PST)

2005 Lexus SC 430 2dr Convertible (4.3L 8cyl 5A)

The Lexus SC430 is a near perfect animal. It growls when you need it to but purrs all the time. This automobile is second to none in quality build, interior comfort and beauty, and all around elegance and class. When I drive my SC 430 (black with saddle, ooh la la) heads turn. She's a beauty. And amazingly, she's as much fun with the top up as down. The perfect cocoon of silence and safety, the way the side of the door is higher than most cars gives you the feeling of being wrapped up in LUXURY!!! I should know. I own a $160 thousand dollar Porsche along with thirty other luxury and sport cars. This car is my daily driver because life is too short to settle for less than the best.

Best convertable?
By peter john on 12/29/08 10:53 AM (PST)

2005 Lexus SC 430 2dr Convertible (4.3L 8cyl 5A)

I used to have a Mazda Miata back in 1990 and belonged to the Miata Club of America. Then went to a Mercedes 190 evo. loved the car but the fun factor was not there. Now this Lexus is a dream come true! Power, style, and reliability! Wow! By far the best car in the world for me. I love to just hop in and drive with no destination in mind. Looking to go from Toronto to Vancouver next summer. What other car would be as awesome?

Peeble beach review
By peeble beach on 08/24/08 13:25 PM (PDT)

2005 Lexus SC 430 2dr Convertible (4.3L 8cyl 5A)

I would like to see this sexy vehicle stay around. I cannot believe the plug is about to be pulled on this work of art. The only change I feel is necessary is the front end design. A couple minor changes could make this car very popular once again. The head lights cover too much space. I feel a change that resembles the front end of of the mercedes SL 550 would greatly improve its appeal. Do that and I'll buy another.

The Tires And Rims Are The Worst!
By MERIK R. AARON on 05/30/07 06:33 AM (PDT)

2005 Lexus SC 430 2dr Convertible (4.3L 8cyl 5A)

The car is definitely fun to drive. When the top is down, it turns heads. The hard top goes up and down like a charm. The reliability of the transmission and engine is superb. But, the tires are the absolute worst! The rims are soft metal and dent, scratch, and disfigure at every curb. One pothole and your stomach ties into knots because you know that the sensor will sound and you will need to spend between $250-$425 for one, yes ONE tire. Everyone I meet loves the car and hates the tires. Sure, you can put regular tires on the car, but where do you put the spare?? My friend just turned his in because of the tires. One curb, one pothole and I reach into my wallet.

Awesome Car
By Dr. Bob on 02/07/07 17:18 PM (PST)

2005 Lexus SC 430 2dr Convertible (4.3L 8cyl 5A)

The best car I've ever owned, and I've owned 14 over the years including a corvette. Build quality and reliablity is the best of any car maker regardless of price. Beautiful looking, very fun to drive, top down is a breeze, comfortable, incredible sound system. I'm getting 25 mpg on highway. Not one problem in 2 years. Nav system is fun to use on trips. Plenty of go power, less than the vette, but as to build quality and reliability, no comparison. Rides smooth and quiet, yet screams if I step on it. This one's a keeper.

a dream on wheels
By Mickey Matik on 09/30/06 05:44 AM (PDT)

2005 Lexus SC 430 2dr Convertible (4.3L 8cyl 5A)

I have previously owned a jaguar sjs, m/benz 280sl, 350sl, 380sl. All great cars! However, the Lexus 430sc truly out performs all other cars I have ever owned or driven in this automotive category. The handling, the soft ride, the accessibility of instruments and the overall design puts this car in a class of its own. You can purchase a convertible with a retractible roof for more money, but you can't buy a better one. Lexus pays attention to detail. This car is quiet, great looking and fun, fun, fun to drive!

Best Ever
By Sandra Saxman on 09/19/06 13:21 PM (PDT)

2005 Lexus SC 430 2dr Convertible (4.3L 8cyl 5A)

This is the best car I have ever owned. It is far far better than either my Mercedes SL or Cabriolet. It is beautiful and fun to drive.

Classy, classic and reliable
By beccabon on 09/05/06 06:04 AM (PDT)

2005 Lexus SC 430 2dr Convertible (4.3L 8cyl 5A)

This is my 2nd SC 430 and I absolutely love it! Its 8-cylinders give me confidence on the road, the convertible gives me a sense of freedom and style and the Lexus brand spells quality. I love the new 2006 colors, but will keep my pearl white for a while!! I like driving the original; the imitators are cute, but less classy/classic.