Used 2004 Lexus SC 430 Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2004 Lexus SC 430 - Consumer Reviews

Base 4.3L V8 5-speed Automatic - (163 reviews )

My SC 430
By Stonie1942

2004 Lexus SC 430 2dr Convertible (4.3L 8cyl 5A)

Proud to be seen with the top down. Nice to be able to afford this great car. I get so many stares from other drivers. Other drivers try to accelerate faster than this car, but they are amazed how fast it is. I have to be very careful as not to drive too fast. It is like riding a wild stallion and pulling back the reins so it will not run away with me.

How easy the top comes down. Terrific sound system.

Leave out the back seat and make the trunk bigger. No one can set back there anyway.

A great driving experience
By ABCDEFG

2004 Lexus SC 430 2dr Convertible (4.3L 8cyl 5A)

The SC 430 is all we have come to expect from Lexus-well designed inside and out, a comfortable (if a bit stiff) ride and perfect workmanship. The driver and passenger seats are reasonably high so the visibility and comfort are terrific for a sports car. We also own a 2003 430 LS so an added plus is that the controls are similar in the two cars. Lexus service remains without peer.

Automatic hard top.

Forget the back seat and make it simply an open storage area like the old 280 SL that we replaced with this car. No one over 5 years old would be able to sit in it. Tone down the gaudy light colored wood trim. Offer a light colored leather to match the rest of the interior trim.

love the car-hate the tires
By ctjim52@aol.com

2004 Lexus SC 430 2dr Convertible (4.3L 8cyl 5A)

very nice car in all ways,but tires and wheels are a problem.run flat tires can not be fixed--very stupid,also wheels are a little week for the way the car rides.

metal hardtop,sound system,looks,no rattles

tires,wheels,

Grammy drives a Lexus SC 430
By grammychild

2004 Lexus SC 430 2dr Convertible (4.3L 8cyl 5A)

This car has been my one splurge, and it has been worth it. I love this car, and I love seeing more women driving it. This back seat area is small, but I've gotten my grandchildren back there easily, and my shopping bags. I love the 8 cylinder because it gives it so much pick up. I love the hardtop because I feel safer than I would with a cloth top. There is no better exterior design; the interior design is luxurious; I've had another Lexus, and I love their reliability. It's a man magnet! I never get tired of watching the hardtop going into the trunk with a push of a button. It's a love fest!

No doubt--my favorite feature and what makes this car stand out from all others is the exterior design! Secondly, the hardtop going into the trunk with the push of a button!

It's kind of hard to reach back and get the seatbelt.

SC2004
By J. Tait

2004 Lexus SC 430 2dr Convertible (4.3L 8cyl 5A)

I love the car but I recently had a severe accident with it. The car took the hit very well It is solidly built and I think saved my life. After teh accident it ran well even though severely damaged

It is summer and it is a Convertible

Less power and more fuel economy It should be a Front wheel drive