2004 Lexus SC 430 Convertible - Consumer Reviews

Base 4.3L V8 5-speed Automatic - (163 reviews )
The Perfect Drive
By P. Mac on 05/29/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Lexus SC 430 Convertible 2dr Convertible (4.3L 8cyl 5A)

This is as close to the perfect car as I have ever driven. The driver and passenger are left to want for nothing - - all accessories are provided. Comfort, luxury, excellent ride and power are provided in large measures

Great Convertible
By parispick on 05/26/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Lexus SC 430 Convertible 2dr Convertible (4.3L 8cyl 5A)

We have had absulutely no problems with this car . It is a joy to drive. The retractible hardtop is supberb. Very quiet with top down. Handles great

ROUGH RIDE
By LARRY HAND on 05/25/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Lexus SC 430 Convertible 2dr Convertible (4.3L 8cyl 5A)

CAR RIDES VERY ROUGH IN AS LITTLE AS 12000 MILES WITH THE RUN FLAT TIRES. ALSO PRODUCES A DARTING AND JOLTING FELLING FROM VERY SMALL ROAD BUMPS. BEST TO DRIVE A USED ONE WITH ABOUT 10000 MILES ON THE TIRES BEFOR YOU PURCHASE, YOU MAY DECIDE AGINST IT. ALSO THE RUN FLATS ARE ABOUT $500 EACH AND NEED TO BE RELACED AT ABOUT EVERY 20000 MILES IF YOU CAN TAKE THE RIDE THAT LONG.

Run Flat Nighmare
By localred on 05/24/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Lexus SC 430 Convertible 2dr Convertible (4.3L 8cyl 5A)

A wonderful car if you don't mind bone rattling jolts hitting potholes. Run flat tires are a nightmare: I have two new tires and two new wheels on a car with less than 10K mileage. Two other tires have 'bubbles' meaning replacement soon. My wife hates to be a passenger unless we are on perfectly paved road. Avoid this car unless you only do highway driving!

Fabulous
By g clements on 05/15/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Lexus SC 430 Convertible 2dr Convertible (4.3L 8cyl 5A)

This is a fabulous, fun car. I don't care for the cupholders. Doesn't hold bottled water very good. My only critizism.

Wow the Neighbors, but Watch the Bumps
By I ERNDIT on 05/15/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Lexus SC 430 Convertible 2dr Convertible (4.3L 8cyl 5A)

SC430 offers the luxury car owner an uplifting experience. Make sure you won't be driving in a snowstorm or on a road surface that has not been recently repaved. The run-flats are poor performers on any surface other then what is shown in the alluring Lexus brochure. Solve this and it could be one of my all time favorites and I have been fortunate to have owned a 911C4, SC400, Delorean (well that's another story) Have a spare SUV in the garage, then wait for the great spring or fall day, crank up your favorite tunes on a sound system that is as good with the top off at 75 mph as when it's up, and enjoy what very few others will ever know.

I LOVE THIS CAR
By Marie38126 on 05/12/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Lexus SC 430 Convertible 2dr Convertible (4.3L 8cyl 5A)

This is the second Lexus SC that I have owned, and I have loved both. This one is especially sharp because of its convertible status. I feel safe in the car and have not had any problems with either cars other than the required maintenance...how many others can say this? I looked around when deciding to buy a new car(especially Mercedes-Benz) and couldn't find anything else with almost every luxury amenity that there is,for the price. I would do it all over again. It is definitely a HEAD- TURNER.

SC430
By aquaregia2001 on 05/09/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Lexus SC 430 Convertible 2dr Convertible (4.3L 8cyl 5A)

this is my 6th lexus. it's reliable, smooth, and a real head turner. fun to drive, fast, and safe. the top is convenient and looks as good down, as it does up.

Best car ever owned
By alpollack2 on 05/09/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Lexus SC 430 Convertible 2dr Convertible (4.3L 8cyl 5A)

Smooth ride, easy to handle especially at higher speeds. Envy of everyone. Top mechanism allows retraction in 25 seconds..quick enough to retract at redlights. Very fine car..will buy another in 2 years.

SC430
By Jared A on 05/08/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

I absolutely love my SC430, its beautiful and rides great