Used 2004 Lexus SC 430 Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2004 Lexus SC 430 - Consumer Reviews

Base 4.3L V8 5-speed Automatic - (163 reviews )

My SC
By Cu

2004 Lexus SC 430 2dr Convertible (4.3L 8cyl 5A)

I have owned 2 SC's. I have loved them both. The new, retractable hard top gives me the best of both worlds. There is little road noise with the top up. The stereo is high quality. The car is the ultimate if you want a convertable. I didn't look for a car with big back seats and a huge trunk. It fits me perfectly, as all the instruments are within reach. Wow. What a ride! Everyone who drives it, loves it!

The car drives well in wet weather. Acceleration is immediate. The interior is plush.Safety features are abundant. The car is so much fun to drive! The headlights automatically acclimate to the road level in front of you. You can always see the road.

There is a blind spot with the car. The side mirrors need to be redesigned in order to help with this problem. A built in front and rear radar detector needs to be offered as an option. This car will move.

LOVE IT!
By Amar

2004 Lexus SC 430 2dr Convertible (4.3L 8cyl 5A)

Unlike many drivers, I am a 23-year-old single male, but like everyone else I love it! The thing is like a portable amusement park. Also, I live in Georgetown and love getting eyed by all the hot girls-- their eyes light up. Though it's not as good as my baby bulldog, the attention is incredible. But the best moments are when you are all alone, driving fast on the highway.

The retractable hardtop

I am seeing too many other SC430's around and I wish they limited production to about 1,000/year.

Fabulous car for a 60th birthday gift
By Molly Garofalo

2004 Lexus SC 430 2dr Convertible (4.3L 8cyl 5A)

This car makes me feel fabulous every time I get into it. If you are having a bad day just put the top down and drive your cares away. I have also had a Lexus GS and traded a new LS on this car. I have been so surprized about the amount of trunk space when the top is up. I have traveled for 3 to 4 weeks and had plenty of room for all my luggage, dog crate and everything else. It also holds tons of groceries. Even with the top down I have enough room for a weeks groceries in the trunk. But, the best thing about the car is the smiles on my face when I approach the car, and slide into the seat. Put the top down and the day turns into sunshine.

Style, comfort level of seats, stereo and navigation system.

I couldn't think of any improvements for this car, it has it all.

Daves Lexus
By thongdee

2004 Lexus SC 430 2dr Convertible (4.3L 8cyl 5A)

Quiet, reliable, beautiful,Powerful, exceptional handling, fast (awesome),finest of quality everything about this vehicle is first class!!!!

The sound system, the air conditioning system, the interior design and quality is superb, the quietness of the engine and interior is magnificent!!!!

UNKNOWN

great machine
By Joe lexus

2004 Lexus SC 430 2dr Convertible (4.3L 8cyl 5A)

Smooth as silk with a quiet ride and great extra features. The sound system that you can listen to with the top down and the compartment that you can hear your passenger talk with top down.

The interior and the retractable roof.