2004 Lexus SC 430 Convertible - Consumer Reviews

Base 4.3L V8 5-speed Automatic - (163 reviews )
Mixed Reviews
By Meow on 11/05/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Lexus SC 430 Convertible 2dr Convertible (4.3L 8cyl 5A)

I LOVE the look of this car. I have gotten so many compliments on it. I've always had BMWs and find this ride to be worse than the BMW. It has more horsepower than my BMWs, but it doesn't drive like a fast car. The interior is luxurious but a little tight. Stereo system rocks! Now the negatives, the seatbelts flap in the back when the top is down. The trunk never opens easily... you have to keep pushing the buttons and then you have to push the trunk down and finally it will click open. You can't put ANYTHING in it when the top is down. On the good side, there is nothing like cruising in the sunshine with the top down and tunes blaring.

The Pebble Beach
By Joe C on 10/31/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Lexus SC 430 Convertible 2dr Convertible (4.3L 8cyl 5A)

Great car and fun to drive! We picked up our Pebble Beach SC 430 from the dealer on the first weekend in October. It has plenty of power and the navigation system is fantastic. The ride is not as hard as we had heard. The suspension works well with the run flat tires. The color is awesome. The fit and finish is fantastic! The back seat works for us as luggage shelf and a place for our daughter to set on short drive. Thanks Lexus great car!!

Great Car
By Stanl on 10/29/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Lexus SC 430 Convertible 2dr Convertible (4.3L 8cyl 5A)

After owning 3 Mercedes, including a convertible, this car is by far the best car I have had. Performance and handling are superior. My only complaint is the drivers seat does not have the comfort of other cars I have driven. I am only 5'10 but the car does not have proper leg room or is too high. I can never get the seat adjusted to where it is comfortable.

Perfect
By The TB on 10/28/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Lexus SC 430 Convertible 2dr Convertible (4.3L 8cyl 5A)

Perfect!!!! There are no problems with this car!

Designer Review
By Dennis Kluge on 10/25/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Lexus SC 430 Convertible 2dr Convertible (4.3L 8cyl 5A)

I am an Interior Designer and I have been driving the SC for two years now (I was able to buy one of the very first in the country. The power is awesome, the interior is incredibly roomy (for two,tight for four). Everything just works together for a fantastic ownership experience. Oh, and the truck fits a suit bag and two duffle bags WITH THE TOP DOWN!!!!! If you drive it in winter, get the snow tires...and it handles like a dream!!!!

An Awesome and Fun Ride
By Dan Stempkowski on 10/25/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Lexus SC 430 Convertible 2dr Convertible (4.3L 8cyl 5A)

This car is guaranteed to turn heads. The convenience of a hard top convertible is something you can't imagine until you own one. The interior design....from heated seats to incredible speakers to virtually everthing around you automatic...it is a future world experience. The best of both worlds in that you enjoy the sportiness of the convertible and the luxury of leather and fully automated interior. An awesome and fun ride.

2004 SC430
By dpm on 10/23/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Lexus SC 430 Convertible 2dr Convertible (4.3L 8cyl 5A)

Enjoy the outdoors while driving is an amazing experience. Enjoy the completely automatic retractable roof - no manual latching or fighting with the top. Pick-up is good. Very comfortable to drive. Although the backseat and trunk space are limited, I didn't purchase the vehicle for space. I purchased it for the experience!

Beauty is a SC 430 Lexus
By Mina J on 10/21/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Lexus SC 430 Convertible 2dr Convertible (4.3L 8cyl 5A)

It was love at first sight when I saw my Egyptian Sand Pearl Lexus. The interior is a rich saddle that looks perfect with the exterior color. I researched this car for a year before I decided to make such a major purchase. When I saw it, the money almost seemed insignificant. The ride is fabulous, the power is great, and luxury abounds. It's my retirement car. 2006, here I come!

lexus sc430
By eaglei on 10/19/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Lexus SC 430 Convertible 2dr Convertible (4.3L 8cyl 5A)

I have had the car for almost two years and it handles well, excellent acceleration and seat comfort. Cup holders are a little flimsy but this is the only downside I see. Best priced car for the money in this class compared with the Mercedes and the Caddy.

My Review
By EscaladeXS500 on 10/17/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Lexus SC 430 Convertible 2dr Convertible (4.3L 8cyl 5A)

I think this is one of the best convertibles out there, the backseat is a little small, but still usefull for luggage and other things, and the hard top is great for rain because you can barely even hear it, i love this car, and it definately blows the competition out of the water.