2004 Lexus SC 430 Convertible - Consumer Reviews

Base 4.3L V8 5-speed Automatic - (163 reviews )
Rusting SC430
By Malfarook on 09/22/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Lexus SC 430 Convertible 2dr Convertible (4.3L 8cyl 5A)

I bought my dream car in 2003,a brand new 2004 SC430. Among other disappointments, I have rust problem. The alloy wheel is rusting out. The body also have many bubbles, under is rust. It is so disappointing. I did not expect it from a Lexus.

True Happiness
By Howie on 03/16/10 06:09 AM (PDT)

2004 Lexus SC 430 Convertible 2dr Convertible (4.3L 8cyl 5A)

I purchased this vehicle used and sold my 1999 Mercedes SL 500. This car is a pleasure to drive in every sense. I wish that they would take out the back seat and place a self like Mercedes. Otherwise outstanding.

Fun Luxury Convertible
By jhawley on 07/15/07 10:12 AM (PDT)

2004 Lexus SC 430 Convertible 2dr Convertible (4.3L 8cyl 5A)

I love the design, comfort and hardtop/convertibility ease. Plenty of power while not a race car.

GirlGlam
By pieta on 08/30/06 11:24 AM (PDT)

2004 Lexus SC 430 Convertible 2dr Convertible (4.3L 8cyl 5A)

I love driving my SC 430. I also love the attention I get when I'm driving, anywhere. I also own a Dodge Durango, but when I'm driving it, I don't get nearly the respect from other drivers that I do when I'm driving my SC. It is really a glamourous vehicle that is apparently deceiving. Other drivers will pull next to me, idle at the stop light, and think they'll be able to take off and get in front of me. Ha!! My baby has GET UP!!! Every now and then I get to just blow her out, with the top down; the ride is incredibly smooth and intoxicating.

Fun Car
By Lynda Deuble on 07/03/06 15:57 PM (PDT)

2004 Lexus SC 430 Convertible 2dr Convertible (4.3L 8cyl 5A)

This car has incredible brakes! It will stop on a dime! It corners well and handles well and is a dream to drive. The steering is quite sensitive compared to other cars.

Excellent Buy!
By G W on 06/01/06 10:43 AM (PDT)

2004 Lexus SC 430 Convertible 2dr Convertible (4.3L 8cyl 5A)

Love the car. Would consider buying another SC 430 in the future, if they ever come out with a 4-wheel drive version, as told to me by the dealer sales agent.

My Blue Lex
By MyBluLex on 04/18/06 18:05 PM (PDT)

2004 Lexus SC 430 Convertible 2dr Convertible (4.3L 8cyl 5A)

I waited a long time to buy the car of my dreams, and this car has proven to be beyond my dreams. I get comments all the time about the car. Driving with the top down and my long blonde hair blowing in the wind really gets some stares. Love it.. love it.. love it.

Best quality convertible value
By e-bayer on 12/02/05 20:40 PM (PST)

2004 Lexus SC 430 Convertible 2dr Convertible (4.3L 8cyl 5A)

Far better value than comparable BMW and MB convertibles. Automatic top is techno-marvel. Interior is Rolls quality. Body is beautiful and functional. Bought it one year old with 11k miles on E-bay to save $16k off sticker. Couldn't have spent 48k on better car. Highly recommend if you want ultra-reliable luxury convertible for reasonable price.

RATTLE MOBILE
By sprete on 10/18/05 09:56 AM (PDT)

2004 Lexus SC 430 Convertible 2dr Convertible (4.3L 8cyl 5A)

I purchased this car brand new about 1.5 years ago. I've had lots of annoying problems with it ever since (too many to list). I'm lucky to go 2 months before having to bring it back to dealer. The car has more rattles and noises than a '79 corvette. Dealer replaced a roof hinge that was squeaking so loud that the Mark Lev sound system couldn't drown it out! They finally fixed that and the the passenger side started squeaking. The driver's seatback had to be repaired for a clicking noise-- again, once that was fixed the passenger side started acting up. Run flats are terrible! Thank God the car looks so good and the sound system is the best I've heard otherwise I'd junk this mother!

Pebble Beach
By Roy Young on 07/25/05 16:52 PM (PDT)

2004 Lexus SC 430 Convertible 2dr Convertible (4.3L 8cyl 5A)

I love the ride , even with the run flat tires . It is a lot of fun to drive , the power , the smoothness on good roads , the looks . It will be a hard car to trade in when the time comes.