2003 Lexus SC 430 Consumer Review: My toy SC430

2003 Lexus SC 430 - Consumer Review

My toy SC430
By Scott K on

2003 Lexus SC 430 2dr Convertible (4.3L 8cyl 5A)

After owning 4 previous LS, SC, and ES versions of this now legendary mark, I am pleased to finally have a convertible available in the lineup. I believe Lexus hit their mark with a thoroughly delightful power machine. The quality is obviously Lexus and the design is an eye catcher every time it leaves the driveway. My Indigo pearl with custom lexus wheels seems to be the attention getter of the neighborhood. Power is sufficient but not over the top, handling is solid but lacking against the likes of BMW. Far superior in every way over my previous Jaguar!

The styling tends to grow on me. Interior finish is great and very comfortable. Rear seat room is non- existent, however will carry smaller adults or children in a pinch. Fit and finish of the overall car is great. "Stunning" is descriptor I hear frequently.

With the top up, there is a blind area on the right rear quarter. Trunk space is tight, even without the spare. Seat belts tend to catch between the seat & door pillar/door panel on occasion & may result in damaged trim panels. A very well built machine & well worth the price.