in 2013 still turns heads
By mrcongeniality on
2003 Lexus SC 430 2dr Convertible (4.3L 8cyl 5A)
These cars were so ahead of there time in 2002. It is a great car overall and for a used convertible this is the best value you can get for a used convertible under 15k (2002 to 2004 used ones). Do not use in snow at all. Not even once inch it will crash. My friend who had one told me this. It drives smooth and refined and its reliable. If you buy a German used convertible you'll spend a lot in repairs. You won't with this. I don't have the run flats but I hear they are a problem. The top is up and down in 25 seconds.
Favorite Features
The gorgeous interior, the navigation system is fast, head turner, the leather and quality of the interior, the dual climate control, the backseats are useful if you are buying stuff and they give the driver more room, as long as you don't have the spare tire the trunk is decent enough for 3 backpacks or so, the Mark Levinson sound system rocks, the memory seats are a nice touch too. Heated seats are nice and it gets you noticed.
Suggested Improvements
It is heavy at 3800 pounds and not very fast or sporty. who cares though its a luxury cruiser. Gas mileage is so so about 20 mpg but in 2002 gas was 1.50 a gallon. The seat belts are a bit far back I feel. The cup holders are too shallow I won't even use them for fear of spilling a drink. They needed to add more technology to these as time went on. My 2007 Prius has a backup camera this was never an option in any years or models. Replace run flats with regular 18 inch tires. rims are funky looking on the 2002 to 2004 but I like the weirdness. Also it should tell you when you need an oil change it doesn't give you enough information about the cars maintenance.