Used 2003 Lexus SC 430 Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2003 Lexus SC 430 - Consumer Reviews

Base 4.3L V8 5-speed Automatic - (93 reviews )

BEST CAR
By LARRY

THIS CAR HAS A GREAT FINGER TUCH NAVIGATION SYSTEM

NAVIGATION

Not a sports car, a cruiser.
By silver fox

2003 Lexus SC 430 2dr Convertible (4.3L 8cyl 5A)

The quality, reliabilty and workmanship on this car is outstanding, the interior is beutiful. The engine is quiet and powerful but it just doesn't like to rev up. It shifts into a higher gear to soon when you are accelerating. The only way to get full acceleration is to shift manually. The run flat tires are so firm that you'll know the location of every manhole cover in town. We joke that you can feel it when you cross the white line. It just doesn't drive like a sports car. More for highway driving.

Overall quality.

GPS is not intuitive. For a car of this price you can't see the trip meter and odometer at the same time. you have to cycle through.

I LOVE THIS CAR
By Happy in SF

2003 Lexus SC 430 2dr Convertible (4.3L 8cyl 5A)

This is the best car on the market in my book. I was initially looking for a small sedan (BMW 530i or Lexus GS model). Instead, ended up going home with this model 2 weeks later. I love it. It's perfect as long as there are only 2 riders. I have my top down whenever possible--this is made easy by the fact that it only takes a button to drop the top.

The interior is the most luxurious one I've seen. Sound system is excellent, car looks and feels like a million bucks.

Seat belts are difficult to reach, the button snap on the seat never holds the seat belt in place. Cup holders too shallow. Wish there was a place to store my cell phone beside the ash tray.

Second SC430 after owning a Mercedes
By harry h horning

2003 Lexus SC 430 2dr Convertible (4.3L 8cyl 5A)

This is my second Lexus SC430 I liked the first one so much I bought another one even the same color. The quality is better than any car I have ever owned. The drive and performance are different than a German car, not quite the feel for the road or the handling however the relaiblity far makes up for any performance differences. I owned a 2000 Mercedes which was a service nightmare. Am very happy with the Lexus would not consider buying another Mercedes.

Convertible hard top Great stereo Beautiful interior Great acceleration

Tighter sportier suspension without sacrificing the ride

My toy SC430
By Scott K

2003 Lexus SC 430 2dr Convertible (4.3L 8cyl 5A)

After owning 4 previous LS, SC, and ES versions of this now legendary mark, I am pleased to finally have a convertible available in the lineup. I believe Lexus hit their mark with a thoroughly delightful power machine. The quality is obviously Lexus and the design is an eye catcher every time it leaves the driveway. My Indigo pearl with custom lexus wheels seems to be the attention getter of the neighborhood. Power is sufficient but not over the top, handling is solid but lacking against the likes of BMW. Far superior in every way over my previous Jaguar!

The styling tends to grow on me. Interior finish is great and very comfortable. Rear seat room is non- existent, however will carry smaller adults or children in a pinch. Fit and finish of the overall car is great. "Stunning" is descriptor I hear frequently.

With the top up, there is a blind area on the right rear quarter. Trunk space is tight, even without the spare. Seat belts tend to catch between the seat & door pillar/door panel on occasion & may result in damaged trim panels. A very well built machine & well worth the price.