2003 Lexus SC 430 Convertible - Consumer Reviews

Base 4.3L V8 5-speed Automatic - (93 reviews )
BEST CAR
By LARRY on 10/22/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

THIS CAR HAS A GREAT FINGER TUCH NAVIGATION SYSTEM

Not a sports car, a cruiser.
By silver fox on 10/08/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Lexus SC 430 Convertible 2dr Convertible (4.3L 8cyl 5A)

The quality, reliabilty and workmanship on this car is outstanding, the interior is beutiful. The engine is quiet and powerful but it just doesn't like to rev up. It shifts into a higher gear to soon when you are accelerating. The only way to get full acceleration is to shift manually. The run flat tires are so firm that you'll know the location of every manhole cover in town. We joke that you can feel it when you cross the white line. It just doesn't drive like a sports car. More for highway driving.

I LOVE THIS CAR
By Happy in SF on 10/04/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Lexus SC 430 Convertible 2dr Convertible (4.3L 8cyl 5A)

This is the best car on the market in my book. I was initially looking for a small sedan (BMW 530i or Lexus GS model). Instead, ended up going home with this model 2 weeks later. I love it. It's perfect as long as there are only 2 riders. I have my top down whenever possible--this is made easy by the fact that it only takes a button to drop the top.

Second SC430 after owning a Mercedes
By harry h horning on 10/02/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Lexus SC 430 Convertible 2dr Convertible (4.3L 8cyl 5A)

This is my second Lexus SC430 I liked the first one so much I bought another one even the same color. The quality is better than any car I have ever owned. The drive and performance are different than a German car, not quite the feel for the road or the handling however the relaiblity far makes up for any performance differences. I owned a 2000 Mercedes which was a service nightmare. Am very happy with the Lexus would not consider buying another Mercedes.

My toy SC430
By Scott K on 10/01/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Lexus SC 430 Convertible 2dr Convertible (4.3L 8cyl 5A)

After owning 4 previous LS, SC, and ES versions of this now legendary mark, I am pleased to finally have a convertible available in the lineup. I believe Lexus hit their mark with a thoroughly delightful power machine. The quality is obviously Lexus and the design is an eye catcher every time it leaves the driveway. My Indigo pearl with custom lexus wheels seems to be the attention getter of the neighborhood. Power is sufficient but not over the top, handling is solid but lacking against the likes of BMW. Far superior in every way over my previous Jaguar!

Jewel of Lexus
By jimyboy on 09/21/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Lexus SC 430 Convertible 2dr Convertible (4.3L 8cyl 5A)

I can tell you that the SC has been the car I have enjoyed, it is fun! Comming from an LS430 I was used to a very soft ride. I would say the SC's suspension is the equivielent to most German cars, and wonderful!! If you are coming from a Porsche or BMW you will think the ride is a bit softer than what you are used to, if comming from a cruiser then you may think it's a bit tight, either way 24 hours and you will be in love with the SC. Seats are much more comfortable the German competitors, and engine is quiet which is nice during long drives. The car has personality and carisma that few cars have. Love it!

Head turning traffic stopper
By Hyflyer on 09/14/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Lexus SC 430 Convertible 2dr Convertible (4.3L 8cyl 5A)

When we purchased the sc430 we had to almost wrestle another couple for the keys . People beg for rides,whistle often and generaly thumbs up this curvaciously styled auto. It is a Fine car, well built, solid and QUIET; that does everyday driving with a graciousness, good manners and slippery fast acceleration. We fabricate excuses to take the car for a ride-this one is a keeper .

carefree top-down
By flatfoot on 09/12/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Lexus SC 430 Convertible 2dr Convertible (4.3L 8cyl 5A)

Purchased this vehicle after test driving the Jaguar XKR. Not as fast as the Jag, but blew it away in the comfort, value,and ergonomics dept.The peace of mind of the hardtop and the serenity when the top is helped my decision.

Magnificent car
By jbt on 09/06/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Lexus SC 430 Convertible 2dr Convertible (4.3L 8cyl 5A)

This car is just a lot of fun to drive. It is smooth, comfortable. The dashboard is well laid out and convenient to use. The navigation system is outstanding. The top retracts with great style. This car is beautiful to see moving or parked.

My 2003 SC 430
By Joejena on 08/27/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Lexus SC 430 Convertible 2dr Convertible (4.3L 8cyl 5A)

I love this car, my 4th Lexus. The style is sharp, the interior comfortable and very classy looking. Holds the road great.