2003 Lexus SC 430 Convertible - Consumer Reviews

Base 4.3L V8 5-speed Automatic - (93 reviews )
It's a keeper
By dutch on 06/01/06 09:11 AM (PDT)

2003 Lexus SC 430 Convertible 2dr Convertible (4.3L 8cyl 5A)

Yes, it does not handle like a porsche, but who cares! Top up or down you will not find a more enjoyable, relaxing cruising experience. Not a single problem in 3+ years of driving attests to the overall quality of the car. Cheaper than quite a few of the alternatives and still a car that gets approving looks and compliments just about any day that I drive it.

Outstanding
By D Wofford on 03/02/06 10:19 AM (PST)

2003 Lexus SC 430 Convertible 2dr Convertible (4.3L 8cyl 5A)

A fun and reliable vehicle that I have had almost no problems with. When the speakers were damaged by my son, the dealership replaced them at no costs. Lexus service is outstanding.

fun to drive
By WARREN ROBBINS on 12/11/05 00:04 AM (PST)

2003 Lexus SC 430 Convertible 2dr Convertible (4.3L 8cyl 5A)

Driving this car is an enjoyable experience. It is very comfortable, has plenty of power. Fun to drive with the top down. Ride is smooth except over bumps.

The poor man's exotic
By NOB on 08/22/05 21:56 PM (PDT)

2003 Lexus SC 430 Convertible 2dr Convertible (4.3L 8cyl 5A)

Despite the recall on the tire valves, and the battery that could never charge, and the broken 6 disc CD changer, this is an awesome car. The closest thing to a lemon that toyota has ever built, but i'm in love with it.

Beautiful Sexy Car
By I'll Tell on 06/15/05 18:59 PM (PDT)

2003 Lexus SC 430 Convertible 2dr Convertible (4.3L 8cyl 5A)

I LOVE THIS CAR!!! I have had it for two years. My ultimate dream car. Could own a maserati, SL500, whatever, I DON'T WANT THEM!!! I will keep my SC forever! I would recommend a lexus to anyone, this is my summer car and the GX 470 is my winter car.

Love my Lexus
By Black Beauty on 03/08/05 14:56 PM (PST)

2003 Lexus SC 430 Convertible 2dr Convertible (4.3L 8cyl 5A)

I have owned my SC 430 for over a year now and love it. You mentioned your editor's size, well I'm 6 ft 4 inches and weigh in over 350 and have plenty of room. I have driven it 2000 miles on some trips and never feel cramped. The only addition I added was a set of custom chrome rims and low profile high speed rated tires and the proformance and handling is outstanding.So overall the style, performance, handling and luxury features are GREAT!! Rich

Dream car
By vicki on 12/04/04 17:59 PM (PST)

2003 Lexus SC 430 Convertible 2dr Convertible (4.3L 8cyl 5A)

I owned a GS 300 a few yrs. ago and sold it to drive a practical car. I bought a Yukon. Every time I saw a sporty Lexus I longed for another one. I stopped by to check out what Lexus had in the way of sporty and fell absolutely in love with the sexy looks of the SC 430. I knew I was in love! I bought it after only 1 test drive and have loved it every day since.

terrific
By joe dennehy on 11/26/04 20:30 PM (PST)

2003 Lexus SC 430 Convertible 2dr Convertible (4.3L 8cyl 5A)

we use the car mostly on weekends..it's lot of fun and has great wow factor..mant many times we've been waved to, honked at, and given smiles and shoutouts. i would urge not getting the runflat tires..hard riding and had to wait weeks for a replacement

My 3rd Lexus Vehicle
By Candace on 08/15/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Lexus SC 430 Convertible 2dr Convertible (4.3L 8cyl 5A)

This was by far the best car I've purchased yet. It is a real head turner. I have even had people follow me nerve rackingly too close, just so they could get a good look at the car. The car has a smooth engine that just purrs like a huge jungle cat. The hardtop that folds into the trunk is very convenient. When my husband took the top down one day while sitting in the parking lot of our son's school, the kids who were suppose to be awed by the lecturing firemen who came for an outdoor assembly, turned their heads at our car instead and began shouting oohs and aahs. We were embarassed we disrupted their lesson.

Awesome Auto: Lexus SC 430
By Mark Murphy on 01/11/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Lexus SC 430 Convertible 2dr Convertible (4.3L 8cyl 5A)

The Lexus SC 430 is a stylishly- designed hard-top convertible that meets all of the lofty expectations Lexus usually commands. It is quiet, powerful and richly-appointed (i.e. 9- speaker Mark Levinson CD/stereo, DVD navigation system, burled walnut interior), and has all of the beautiful detail so typical of the Lexus brand. However, as a high-performance (300 hp V-8) convertible, it is truly unique. Less expensive than the comparable Jaguar, Mercedes and Cadillac offerings that are its primary competitors, this car is hard to beat.