2003 Lexus SC 430 Convertible - Consumer Reviews

Base 4.3L V8 5-speed Automatic - (93 reviews )
in 2013 still turns heads
By mrcongeniality on 09/22/13 11:45 AM (PDT)

2003 Lexus SC 430 Convertible 2dr Convertible (4.3L 8cyl 5A)

These cars were so ahead of there time in 2002. It is a great car overall and for a used convertible this is the best value you can get for a used convertible under 15k (2002 to 2004 used ones). Do not use in snow at all. Not even once inch it will crash. My friend who had one told me this. It drives smooth and refined and its reliable. If you buy a German used convertible you'll spend a lot in repairs. You won't with this. I don't have the run flats but I hear they are a problem. The top is up and down in 25 seconds.

Great Car! but Expensive Repairs!
By Stunt Jay on 05/12/10 13:52 PM (PDT)

2003 Lexus SC 430 Convertible 2dr Convertible (4.3L 8cyl 5A)

Runflat tires do cause a bit of hard ride. I hit a pothole without seeing it and it bent the rim very easily. Dealer wanted $600 for just the rim. I average 18 MPG as it stated I would. No big deal coming from a Tundra with 13 MPG. Convertible parts are very expensive. Overall I do enjoy driving the car alot and will probably keep it until it dies out on me. I haven't had any major mechanical issues at all with the car.

A Dream Car
By Jay on 03/22/10 11:12 AM (PDT)

2003 Lexus SC 430 Convertible 2dr Convertible (4.3L 8cyl 5A)

I bought my 2003 SC430 with 50k miles on it for $20,000. Everything is immaculate on this car, always serviced when needed. The drive does have that sport car ride to it due to the low profile RFT's. The sound system sounds amazing although it is very expensive to replace just 1 speaker at $320. The rear seats (golf bag holder) are useless for people to sit in. The trunk surprisingly does have decent space when the top is up. Being that the model is still the same as of 2010. I will upgrade some of the standard parts to the newest style.

Amazing
By Dr.J on 08/25/09 11:16 AM (PDT)

2003 Lexus SC 430 Convertible 2dr Convertible (4.3L 8cyl 5A)

I've always love to drive at night with the sunroof open. This car blows a sunroof away. Amazing power. Dead silent cabin with top down at high speed. Completely exhilarating. I look forward to the commute to work.

Never too late
By Chris on 09/05/08 12:04 PM (PDT)

2003 Lexus SC 430 Convertible 2dr Convertible (4.3L 8cyl 5A)

Received this beautiful little red car for my 65th birthday. I fell in love just looking at her but when I took her out for a drive... that was it. Had a Corvette when I was in my 30s and this car far surpasses it in feel, looks and fun to drive! I feel like I've gained 20 years back. Never too late to have fun on the road.

Glad I bought it!
By Dan Smith on 03/14/08 11:32 AM (PDT)

2003 Lexus SC 430 Convertible 2dr Convertible (4.3L 8cyl 5A)

Owned several Corvettes, a TR-6 and an Austin Healy. This car takes the cake. Sometimes I have to look for things to do since no time is spent repairing this one.

Awesome
By bucket on 04/03/07 08:43 AM (PDT)

2003 Lexus SC 430 Convertible 2dr Convertible (4.3L 8cyl 5A)

I purchased this vehicle used and it had been serviced by a Lexus dealership. I immediately put Pirelli all season non run flat tires on it with a new spare tire. What a difference; it is now the perfect retractable hardtop; rides just as nice as my previous ES 330. Could not have imagined how many looks we would get sitting in traffic or driving down the interstate!

No front end
By Howard on 09/24/06 05:40 AM (PDT)

2003 Lexus SC 430 Convertible 2dr Convertible (4.3L 8cyl 5A)

The front end is non existent and you will end up replacing $400 every time you hit a pot hole. It is beautiful, great acceleration, but the tires and wheel covers will be replaced numerous times. The tires which never go flat get lousy overall mileage. It costs over $400 just to put snow tires on in the winter. That is without buying them at $400 a pop. So if you have thousands to waste because the front end was made for a show room this is a great car.

Tired out.
By Alebowitz on 09/12/06 19:58 PM (PDT)

2003 Lexus SC 430 Convertible 2dr Convertible (4.3L 8cyl 5A)

With top up, it is difficult to look backward to park because of the hump. Run flat tires are a very hard ride, and not suitable for winter- pothole/cracked streets. When tire hits pothole, you will need to replace tire and rim for approximately $1,000 each. I replaced three tires at a cost of $3,000 in one year.

Change the runflats
By Jack Cunningham on 06/28/06 13:28 PM (PDT)

2003 Lexus SC 430 Convertible 2dr Convertible (4.3L 8cyl 5A)

Recently purchased a 2003 SC with 13k miles and have driven it 4k in 6 weeks. Initial impressions, this is the best car I've ever owned and fun to drive. Only complaint I had was the runflat tires that came with the car. The runflats were noisy and rode very rough. Changed to Pirelli PZero Nero's and WHAT A DIFFERENCE.. Quiet and smooth, like a different car. Opted for no spare and purchased a small tire pump and repair kit for $20.