I'm in LOVE...
By Paris Patrick on
2002 Lexus SC 430 2dr Convertible (4.3L 8cyl 5A)
I LOVE this car. It's hard to find an exceptional car these days, especially when it comes to quality, but this is truly an exceptional automobile. The exterior is eye catching and timeless with an almost retro feel. I've got the ecru/birdseye maple interior, which doesn't sound that great (I would've normally gone for the darker leather) but in reality is gorgeous and impresses everyone. It looks perfect with the Egyptian Sand exterior. The feel of quality and comfort is everywhere. I tested the Boxter, the Mercedes C series and the Volvo convertible, but they all seemed "plasticky" compared to the SC 430, especially the Mercedes. One drive and I was hooked.
Favorite Features
The styling. It's wonderful inside and out. The retractable hardtop alone puts this car ahead of any car without one. Great fast and quiet ride, without the driver fatigue that I sometimes felt in my Porshe 911.
Suggested Improvements
Backseat is not really a seat at all, but I like the feeling of having a little space behind me. Plus it gives the car a slightly larger and more attractive look than the smaller BMW Z, etc.