2002 Lexus SC 430 Convertible - Consumer Reviews

Base 4.3L V8 5-speed Automatic - (92 reviews )
Fun, Fun, Fun
By DEB-SC on 06/18/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Lexus SC 430 Convertible 2dr Convertible (4.3L 8cyl 5A)

I have had my SC430 for 9 months, and it is an absolute joy to drive and own. The car is sporty, but roomy enough to be comfortable. The ride is excellent and all controlls are easily accessible. I traded my Mercedes Clk for the SC and have no regrets.

great car rough ride
By lmst on 06/13/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Lexus SC 430 Convertible 2dr Convertible (4.3L 8cyl 5A)

A great car. However, I am disappointed with the run flat tires. A bit to harsh

A Winner and a Benchmark for Quality
By A new Lexus Customer on 06/10/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Lexus SC 430 Convertible 2dr Convertible (4.3L 8cyl 5A)

A truly refined automobile.

Awesome car
By Mike111 on 06/04/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Lexus SC 430 Convertible 2dr Convertible (4.3L 8cyl 5A)

All I can say is awesome. What a fun car to drive. I have only had it a few days, but I absolutely love it! A little more room in the back seat would be the only thing I would change..

Got to Luv it
By Liza3143 on 06/03/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

Real fun to drive car

Mostly positives, a few negatives
By carl lee on 05/27/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Lexus SC 430 Convertible 2dr Convertible (4.3L 8cyl 5A)

I just bought a silver w/ black interior. I have about 1000 mi on it. The negatives are the cup holder is to shallow and drinks can spill out or tip over on turns. I here a metal on metal clink when I go over speed bumps from under the car, dealer said they will fix but thay have not as of yet. Run flat tires are stiff and all road imperfections are transmited to driver and so you feel every bump, pot hole. Otherwise I love the car and am happy I bought it. Very comfortable/

Sweetness
By john q on 05/17/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Lexus SC 430 Convertible 2dr Convertible (4.3L 8cyl 5A)

This car is HOT! Everyone should be priviledged enough to own one of these!

Great car!
By Dog on 05/12/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Lexus SC 430 Convertible 2dr Convertible (4.3L 8cyl 5A)

The Lexus Sc430 is a very good car. It's a good car because it has many little devices inside of it. Such as heited seats, and a navigation system. It is also a convertble. It is a hard top convertble. The top goes in the trunk. The Sc430 also has very good wood and leather. It also has a very good trunk space when the top is up. The seats are very comfterable. In conclusion, this is a very good car.

A head turner
By Stephen Stern on 04/30/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Lexus SC 430 Convertible 2dr Convertible (4.3L 8cyl 5A)

I've had many sports cars and GT's. this is a good compromise from the true Corvette-Boxter type and a luxury GT vehicle. Great excelleration, Avante-Gard looks and totally reliable. Quient enjoyable ride with the top up. Docile yet aggressive when you ask for it. Never a day goes by that many people comment on how good looking this car is. It's a love afair between car and driver.

Close to perfect
By ELSAS DAD on 04/26/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Lexus SC 430 Convertible 2dr Convertible (4.3L 8cyl 5A)

Thanks to all who posted their reviews previously. This is a fantastic car that will not disappoint as long as you understand it is not a pure sports car, but instead a GT touring car. I got the saddle interior, which not only looks good but actually smells like leather (unlike most japanese cars).