Used 2002 Lexus SC 430 Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2002 Lexus SC 430 - Consumer Reviews

Base 4.3L V8 5-speed Automatic - (92 reviews )

The Fun Car
By Zoe Fleming

2002 Lexus SC 430 2dr Convertible (4.3L 8cyl 5A)

We splurged and bought this car. We absolutely love everything about it. Yeah it is small but in this case small is best. It draws compliments everywhere we go. A dream to drive, fun to handle with wonderful features. Get one and you will never want to part with it.

Convertible that looks great up or down.

None.

Love It!
By sTRIDER

2002 Lexus SC 430 2dr Convertible (4.3L 8cyl 5A)

I have always wanted a retractable hardtop vehicle with a great stereo system that was fun to drive. I have achieved my dream come true.

You cannot beat the feeling of freedom when the top is down on a beautiful day and your favorite music is playing on a Mark Levinson System.

Great Job Lexus!
By Dermas

2002 Lexus SC 430 2dr Convertible (4.3L 8cyl 5A)

Great car! Quality is superb. Everything about this car is perfect!

Nice soild performence from V8, and seemed to always have some more power to spend. WONDERFUL STEREO! Smooth Shifting and smooth ride.

A little bigger trunk.

45 years for another metal roof convert
By R Dunn

2002 Lexus SC 430 2dr Convertible (4.3L 8cyl 5A)

I've always wanted a convertible. My 1957 Ford Skyliner was almost perfect. But the embarassment to an 18 year when the roof refused to close was tough. I drove my SC430 off the lot expecting it to happen here. Wrong! It never failed.The gas mileage, about 18 overall, was better than expected. I was stopped in all weather by at least one person a day asking "what is it? It's the most beautiful car I ever saw." Someone living in New England better not drive in snow or ice. Those wide 18" wheels & 300hp engine has no traction even on level ground. I dropped mine off after 24 months & 32,000 miles, happy with the experience and hoping for spring.

Styling is a subjective at best but I have nothing but praise for it. The only car to match the features, (metal roof, 300hp, GPS & full power options) was the Mercedes at just about twice the price. The Mark Levison sound system is great.

Tracion, if possible, otherwise, don't touch a thing.

My SC 430
By Gary Goltz

2002 Lexus SC 430 2dr Convertible (4.3L 8cyl 5A)

This is my 4th Lexus and the most fun one I've owned. I have a LX 470 and had a GS 400 and a LS 400 so I know the cars well. This one is fast, sporty, and quiet. It is a 2 seater. Forget about using the back seat for anything but storage or midgets!

The way the hard top roof goes up and down, like the 59 Ford.

Put this was on a slightly bigger frame so the back seats are useable or get rid of them all together