Used 2002 Lexus SC 430 Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2002 Lexus Sc-430 - Consumer Reviews

2002 Lexus SC 430

Base 4.3L V8 5-speed Automatic - (92 reviews )

Not What I Thought
By sorry4me

2002 Lexus SC 430 2dr Convertible (4.3L 8cyl 5A)

I must be an idiot !! My girl convinced me to buy this car. I was perfectly content with my Gorgeous 50th anniversarry Corvette. From the day I bought this so called "certified" car I have had nothing but problems. Thank god it's still under warranty !! Then my dad said something very true...the SC430 is nothing more that a jazzed up Toyota!! Remember that when you buy this overpriced wanna be sports car. You would expect that they put some thought into the suspension. My Ford F-150 rides smoother than this. Today I brought it in yet again because it keeps eating batteries. Three visits and they can't figure out what the problem is - they are talking about replacing the harness now.

Favorite Features

The retractable hard top is cool and the radio is good. But that's about it !

Suggested Improvements

Where to start..rims stink..put a real suspension on this car !! - study a real sports car like the Vette or Porsche! I went across the street to the Chevy dealer while my SC430 was being worked on. Drove the new Vette...tell you what people I'm going back to a real car..look to see this car 4 sale!

Great
By Marcelo Cohen

Great durable plush car

Favorite Features

Hard Convertible top, Sound system

Suggested Improvements

Rain-sensing wipers, adjustable rest position on steering wheel, remote actuation of convertible top.

2002 SC430
By pizazz

2002 Lexus SC 430 2dr Convertible (4.3L 8cyl 5A)

Purchased used in Dallas. 3 after market chrome wheels out of round. Dealer is reimbursing my cost of repair. Higher fuel usage than my ES 300. Very comfortable interior Smooth, quiet ride. Integrity of this car is perfect.

Favorite Features

Navigation system. Sound system is like a concert hall. Dealerships are very customer oriented. Models don't change often. Only maintenance, no repairs until over 130,000 mi.

Suggested Improvements

Fuel economy. Taillights don't light up area well in reverse. A voice activated destination system.

I'm in LOVE...
By Paris Patrick

2002 Lexus SC 430 2dr Convertible (4.3L 8cyl 5A)

I LOVE this car. It's hard to find an exceptional car these days, especially when it comes to quality, but this is truly an exceptional automobile. The exterior is eye catching and timeless with an almost retro feel. I've got the ecru/birdseye maple interior, which doesn't sound that great (I would've normally gone for the darker leather) but in reality is gorgeous and impresses everyone. It looks perfect with the Egyptian Sand exterior. The feel of quality and comfort is everywhere. I tested the Boxter, the Mercedes C series and the Volvo convertible, but they all seemed "plasticky" compared to the SC 430, especially the Mercedes. One drive and I was hooked.

Favorite Features

The styling. It's wonderful inside and out. The retractable hardtop alone puts this car ahead of any car without one. Great fast and quiet ride, without the driver fatigue that I sometimes felt in my Porshe 911.

Suggested Improvements

Backseat is not really a seat at all, but I like the feeling of having a little space behind me. Plus it gives the car a slightly larger and more attractive look than the smaller BMW Z, etc.

The best luxury sports car
By evilgem

2002 Lexus SC 430 2dr Convertible (4.3L 8cyl 5A)

A great car for a long trip with just the 2 of you. I'm looking forward to the improvements coming in the next model change.

Favorite Features

The ride and comfort. Hard top convertible.

Suggested Improvements

A standard transmission is truly needed to complete this perfect sports car.