Used 2002 Lexus SC 430 Consumer Reviews - 95 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2002 Lexus SC 430 - Consumer Reviews

Base 4.3L V8 5-speed Automatic - (95 reviews )

Fun drive
By Dennis

2002 Lexus SC 430 2dr Convertible (4.3L 8cyl 5A)

It's a fun vehicle to drive around town and just as comfort for longer journey. Impressive pick-up and go too.

Hard-top convertible.

Do not get the run-flat tires!!! Mine came with run-flat tires but the drive was so "rough" that I swapped it out for non run-flat and now it drives like a dream - like a LEXUS should.

Love the car
By latona

2002 Lexus SC 430 2dr Convertible (4.3L 8cyl 5A)

I purchased from a lease and will keep this car as long as I am driving. Not my best decision for a primary car to drive my commute to work because I have already had to replace the "run-flat tires" twice! I love driving an almost 4 year old car and the brand new ones look identical !!

the hard top convertible of course!, nice nav system -i need to update but was just told it was like $500 to update!! from my 2001 dvd....

rain sensing wipers would be nice and a non-smudge navigation screen--fingerprints abound.......

best choice I ever made
By thomas battle

2002 Lexus SC 430 2dr Convertible (4.3L 8cyl 5A)

Best vehicle I have ever owned.

Convertible hard top perfectly designed and built.

Had to switch from Michelin run flat tires to Dunlap run flat tires with a different tread to significantly reduce tire/road noise.

Not What I Thought
By sorry4me

2002 Lexus SC 430 2dr Convertible (4.3L 8cyl 5A)

I must be an idiot !! My girl convinced me to buy this car. I was perfectly content with my Gorgeous 50th anniversarry Corvette. From the day I bought this so called "certified" car I have had nothing but problems. Thank god it's still under warranty !! Then my dad said something very true...the SC430 is nothing more that a jazzed up Toyota!! Remember that when you buy this overpriced wanna be sports car. You would expect that they put some thought into the suspension. My Ford F-150 rides smoother than this. Today I brought it in yet again because it keeps eating batteries. Three visits and they can't figure out what the problem is - they are talking about replacing the harness now.

The retractable hard top is cool and the radio is good. But that's about it !

Where to start..rims stink..put a real suspension on this car !! - study a real sports car like the Vette or Porsche! I went across the street to the Chevy dealer while my SC430 was being worked on. Drove the new Vette...tell you what people I'm going back to a real car..look to see this car 4 sale!

Great
By Marcelo Cohen

Great durable plush car

Hard Convertible top, Sound system

Rain-sensing wipers, adjustable rest position on steering wheel, remote actuation of convertible top.