2002 Lexus SC 430 - Consumer Reviews

Base 4.3L V8 5-speed Automatic - (92 reviews )
SC430
By Lou on 08/28/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Lexus SC 430 2dr Convertible (4.3L 8cyl 5A)

Car drives very smoothly . Run flat tires do take away from the Lexus ride . Car is a head turner wherever you go. 15,000 miles and not one item had to go back to dealer for repair or adjustment.

Lexus SC430
By Dave7 on 08/22/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Lexus SC 430 2dr Convertible (4.3L 8cyl 5A)

Great car. Test drove BMW 330 convertible and Mercedes hardtop convertible. No comparison in the quality of the ride... the Lexus had them beat hands down.

VERY VERY VERY VERY VERY HAPPY!!!!!!!!!!
By Swissair MD-11 on 08/08/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Lexus SC 430 2dr Convertible (4.3L 8cyl 5A)

FROM: tntjackson "A toyota is a toyota is a toyota. I'm not fooled here." I WANT TO SPEAK TO THAT YOUNG MAN. DON'T YOU DARE LISTEN TO HIM. HE IS WRONG. THE SC430 IS BY FAR THE BEST CAR LEXUS HAS EVER MADE. IT SHARES THE LEGENDARY LEXUS VALUE AND RELIABILITY, WHILE SPORTING AVANT GARDE LOOKS AND POWER.

perfect choice
By traumadoc on 08/02/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Lexus SC 430 2dr Convertible (4.3L 8cyl 5A)

I compared many cars and came to the conclusion not only was it a geat buy for the price but that it needed very little if any upgrades or customizing everything came standard and out of all the dealerships I visited ( some which I walked away from even though they had my car there due to rudeness and unwillingness to bend on the cost) Tustin was profesional courtious and a down right pleasure to purchase from both the sales manager (Mike) and my salesman(Eddie)went out of there way to make me happy including driving to palm springs himself to pick up my car so I could have it sooner

You gotta drive one to understand
By Can't Believe It on 07/26/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Lexus SC 430 2dr Convertible (4.3L 8cyl 5A)

This car is unbelievable. Bottomless silky power. Shifts are invisible and the ride is top notch. I find it is quieter than the GS 430. Car is a real head turner. What a sound system! Simply a pleasure to drive.

lexus
By cherry on 07/24/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

very fast and tight car

Lexus SC430, My Opinion
By Eddie Varnadore on 07/24/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Lexus SC 430 2dr Convertible (4.3L 8cyl 5A)

I purchased my SC430 in March, 2001. One of the first delivered in Marietta, Ga. I enjoy the car. Styling is great, It's a head turner. Overall I rate it an excellent automobile. Problems I've had are as follows: Clunking sound (metal to metal) in rear of car over rough bumps.) Road noise from no-flat tires, wind noise from rear seat belts when top down. Also, car bottoms out over bumps.

A joy to drive
By watco on 07/14/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Lexus SC 430 2dr Convertible (4.3L 8cyl 5A)

Incredible style coupled with lots of power. The car is a heasd turner. the convertible hard top is excellent. It is a liitle slow to excellerate but once it goes look out.

LEXUS 430
By LINDA BROWN on 07/09/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Lexus SC 430 2dr Convertible (4.3L 8cyl 5A)

PRO'S FAST AND GOOD LOOKING CONS SMALL LOW TO GROUND NO BACK SEAT TOO MUCH MONEY FOR CAR

A head turner
By eaglesteve43 on 07/05/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Lexus SC 430 2dr Convertible (4.3L 8cyl 5A)

I love this car. It is extremely comforable, quick and with the exception of the noise from the run flat tires, it is quiet. Top is amazing and the heads continually turn. Not good for the self conscious driver. Had people chase me to get a better look. Great car for the GT drive who is tired of making compromises and excuses for the discomfort of his sports car. Great mid life crisis toy, with Lexus fabulous quality