2002 Lexus SC 430 Convertible - Consumer Reviews

Base 4.3L V8 5-speed Automatic - (91 reviews )
Just sheer fun
By Ir on 02/01/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Lexus SC 430 Convertible 2dr Convertible (4.3L 8cyl 5A)

The great spring summer and fall weather made this car just shee fun. Put down the top find, an open road, put in your favorite CD and GO.

Leuxs SC 430
By dpb on 01/21/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Lexus SC 430 Convertible 2dr Convertible (4.3L 8cyl 5A)

Outstanding vehicle. Used to have a C5, and I can't believe how many more people have commented on what a great looking car the SC430 is (did not get near the same number of compliments with the C5).

Cosmo
By Leslie Crawford on 01/14/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Lexus SC 430 Convertible 2dr Convertible (4.3L 8cyl 5A)

This is my third Lexus automobile and I considered no other vehicles at the time I purchased my 2002 SC430. As much as I admired the Lexus SC430, the fact that it was a Lexus and that I had had two very good previous experiences with Lexus automobiles was a big factor in my decision. The only problem I have experienced with the vehicle was a faulty "window regulator", which manifested itself by a rattling sound. The problem was corrected when the dealership installed a new regulator. Otherwise, I have continued to enjoy this vehicle since taking delivery in August 2002.

Red Hot SC430
By Eantonoff on 12/26/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Lexus SC 430 Convertible 2dr Convertible (4.3L 8cyl 5A)

By far this is the best car I've ever owned. This car rivals a F-16 with afterburners at full throttle. Since the day I've owned it, not one day has passed without getting the attention of another driver or comment in a parking lot. But that is nothing to the feeling of hopping into it, putting the top down and the incredible Mark Levinson Stero on some really fine tunes and cruising the roads at high speeds and quick subtle turns. Like I said, this car is RED HOT !

One fine machine!
By bagman on 12/15/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Lexus SC 430 Convertible 2dr Convertible (4.3L 8cyl 5A)

This is a very fun car to drive. It is extremely comfortable for both driver and passenger, possesses every amenity one could desire including a very functional GPS and a marvelous sound system from Mark Levinson. Added to that you get Lexus service which I have found to far above and beyond any other brand. My vehichle is silver with black leather interior and I do have the run flat tires on it to conserve trunk space.

WHAT A CAR!
By Sue on 09/17/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Lexus SC 430 Convertible 2dr Convertible (4.3L 8cyl 5A)

I could not be happier with my choice. Before I purchased my Lexus, I drove the Merc SL500 (which has always been my dream car) and let me assure you there is no comparison, the Lexus won hands down! The interior, retractable roof, sound system, comfort, ride, trunk space...everything about the Lexus was superior! But let me warn you, if you're shy, don't buy this car because all eyes are on you....it's a real beauty! I read some consumer comments about the rough ride of the run flat tires, however, I have to disagree..the ride is as smooth as glass.

They dont make them the way they used to
By jambo on 09/16/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Lexus SC 430 Convertible 2dr Convertible (4.3L 8cyl 5A)

Lexus cut corners with The switches and controls. They appear to be straight out of a toyota corolla. I think the steering wheel is too. Ride is harsh on the run flats. They last for about 5000 miles and then start rumbling really bad. Paid $1600 for new tires in less then one year of casual driving. Dealer says this is normal. The seat belt position is to low for taller drivers. The 1991 LS 400 we bought new was a much better car. Clearly, corners were cut on this one. I will be getting rid of this car ASAP. Anyone want to buy a Nieman Marcus Silver Belle Edition SC430 with new tires?

my first lexus
By gary L on 09/02/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Lexus SC 430 Convertible 2dr Convertible (4.3L 8cyl 5A)

HAD IT FOR 4K MILES. A REAL HEAD TURNER, GOT THE INDIGO BLUE W/ECRU. NAV IS OK, BUT NOT TOTALLY ACCURATE. DEALER'S SERVICE PEOPLE ARE GREAT, BOUGHT OZ RACING WHEELS FOR $1,000 AT TIRE DISCOUNTERS, ECRU IS VERY TOUGH TO KEEP CLEAN!!! ALREADY GOT 3 CHIPS IN NOSE...MAN THAT FIRST ONE WAS AGGRAVATING!,LIKE TO TAKE ADVANTAGE OF FREE DEALER CAR WASHES, BUT THEY DO A CRAPPY JOB COMPARED TO ME, SO I END UP DOING IT OVER ANYWAY (SORRY) WOULD LIKE A STIFFER SUSPENSION, MORE LIKE MY X5 BMW. OVERALL, CAN'T KNOCK THIS GREAT CAR, EVEN THOUGH IT'S NOT A MB. GOOD DEAL FOR THE BUCK WITH ALL THE OPTIONS!

SC430
By LOU on 08/28/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Lexus SC 430 Convertible 2dr Convertible (4.3L 8cyl 5A)

Car drives very smoothly . Run flat tires do take away from the Lexus ride . Car is a head turner wherever you go. 15,000 miles and not one item had to go back to dealer for repair or adjustment.

SC430
By Lou on 08/28/02 00:00 AM (PDT)