Used 2002 Lexus SC 430 Consumer Reviews - 95 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2002 Lexus SC 430 - Consumer Reviews

Base 4.3L V8 5-speed Automatic - (95 reviews )

Best most satisfying car ever owned
By david

2002 Lexus SC 430 2dr Convertible (4.3L 8cyl 5A)

Our SC 430 is the best most satisfying car we've ever owned. Reliable, still gets comments EVERY time it goes out in public. A great ego tripper as well as a driving trip. Although it has less than 25,000 miles, it is used every day. A joy to own and drive.

Gorgeous interior, sleek looks. 300 h.p. is nice...very nice

Rear camera, external turn signals in mirrors, audible back-up signal, better 3D nav system, more 12 volt outlets. Small towing pkg., low air in tires indicator for EACH tire.

Excellent
By SC430 Convertible

2002 Lexus SC 430 2dr Convertible (4.3L 8cyl 5A)

Have enjoyed it, but certain small things are starting to go wrong ... brake light stays on when brake is not on, tire light stays on even though I have had them filled ... small things like that keep happening that are a bit annoying.

Guidance system, luxury

Put windshield washer on back window.

My Perspective
By frozenSC

2002 Lexus SC 430 2dr Convertible (4.3L 8cyl 5A)

Overall a wonderful car! Sleek styling and Lexus quality to match. Obviously it's nothing more than a two-seater as the back seats aren't good for much beyond the briefcase or a bag of groceries. Performance comes alive in the midrange... don't look for fast acceleration off the line but others will soon fear you at about 40mph+

Lose the runflats!! It is an entirely different car without them

My First Lexus and First Convertible
By LexLaw

2002 Lexus SC 430 2dr Convertible (4.3L 8cyl 5A)

First off I could not have made a better choice. Mine is Indigo Blue w/ Saddle. I've driven various high end cars in my brief life (28) and have never experienced the kind of attention I get when driving my new SC (top up or down). My first Lexus and enjoy the headache free ownership that comes with it. I was previously in a Range Rover, nothing but electrical gremlins among other things. I wanted a MB CLK initially but wisely opted not to go with a softop or it's German Gremlins. I knew coming in that I'd have minimal space and could care less. I don't have any kids so it's just me and my Girlfriend and she loves it. The Interior along with its curb appeal are its best features.

1. Touch screen Nav w/ folding screen 2. Folding Hardtop Roof 3. Beautiful (so soft) Leather and Wood 4. Japanese Reliability with German Looks 5. Small Back Seats (no room for tag alongs) 4. Mark Levinson Sound Owns All Other Competition

Alright maybe just a little more back seat space for those few times you need it (Wink) Rain sensing wipers, Ipod connectivity (hey I love my music), Cooled front seats, Tip-Tronic Tranny, Remote roof control and Shouldn't all Luxury cars come with a Clear Bra??

2002 SC430
By K Cooper

2002 Lexus SC 430 2dr Convertible (4.3L 8cyl 5A)

Acceleration is moderate at first, then strengthens considerably. The ride is very comfortable and the car responds quickly and surely to sudden changes in direction. The hard top convertible is a real plus. Quiet as a coupe when up and very easy to get up or down. Quality is expectional. No repairs needed thru the first 35,000 miles. Maintenance costs are very high if serviced by the dealer. The summer run-flat tires that came with the car were useless in winter, wore out in about 25K miles and were expensive to replace at $300 per tire.

Retractable hard top