Used 2002 Lexus SC 430 Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2002 Lexus Sc-430 - Consumer Reviews

Base 4.3L V8 5-speed Automatic - (92 reviews )

My First Lexus and First Convertible
By LexLaw

2002 Lexus SC 430 2dr Convertible (4.3L 8cyl 5A)

First off I could not have made a better choice. Mine is Indigo Blue w/ Saddle. I've driven various high end cars in my brief life (28) and have never experienced the kind of attention I get when driving my new SC (top up or down). My first Lexus and enjoy the headache free ownership that comes with it. I was previously in a Range Rover, nothing but electrical gremlins among other things. I wanted a MB CLK initially but wisely opted not to go with a softop or it's German Gremlins. I knew coming in that I'd have minimal space and could care less. I don't have any kids so it's just me and my Girlfriend and she loves it. The Interior along with its curb appeal are its best features.

Favorite Features

1. Touch screen Nav w/ folding screen 2. Folding Hardtop Roof 3. Beautiful (so soft) Leather and Wood 4. Japanese Reliability with German Looks 5. Small Back Seats (no room for tag alongs) 4. Mark Levinson Sound Owns All Other Competition

Suggested Improvements

Alright maybe just a little more back seat space for those few times you need it (Wink) Rain sensing wipers, Ipod connectivity (hey I love my music), Cooled front seats, Tip-Tronic Tranny, Remote roof control and Shouldn't all Luxury cars come with a Clear Bra??

2002 SC430
By K Cooper

2002 Lexus SC 430 2dr Convertible (4.3L 8cyl 5A)

Acceleration is moderate at first, then strengthens considerably. The ride is very comfortable and the car responds quickly and surely to sudden changes in direction. The hard top convertible is a real plus. Quiet as a coupe when up and very easy to get up or down. Quality is expectional. No repairs needed thru the first 35,000 miles. Maintenance costs are very high if serviced by the dealer. The summer run-flat tires that came with the car were useless in winter, wore out in about 25K miles and were expensive to replace at $300 per tire.

Favorite Features

Retractable hard top

Fun drive
By Dennis

2002 Lexus SC 430 2dr Convertible (4.3L 8cyl 5A)

It's a fun vehicle to drive around town and just as comfort for longer journey. Impressive pick-up and go too.

Favorite Features

Hard-top convertible.

Suggested Improvements

Do not get the run-flat tires!!! Mine came with run-flat tires but the drive was so "rough" that I swapped it out for non run-flat and now it drives like a dream - like a LEXUS should.

Love the car
By latona

2002 Lexus SC 430 2dr Convertible (4.3L 8cyl 5A)

I purchased from a lease and will keep this car as long as I am driving. Not my best decision for a primary car to drive my commute to work because I have already had to replace the "run-flat tires" twice! I love driving an almost 4 year old car and the brand new ones look identical !!

Favorite Features

the hard top convertible of course!, nice nav system -i need to update but was just told it was like $500 to update!! from my 2001 dvd....

Suggested Improvements

rain sensing wipers would be nice and a non-smudge navigation screen--fingerprints abound.......

best choice I ever made
By thomas battle

2002 Lexus SC 430 2dr Convertible (4.3L 8cyl 5A)

Best vehicle I have ever owned.

Favorite Features

Convertible hard top perfectly designed and built.

Suggested Improvements

Had to switch from Michelin run flat tires to Dunlap run flat tires with a different tread to significantly reduce tire/road noise.