Used 2002 Lexus SC 430 Convertible Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2002 Lexus Sc-430 - Consumer Reviews

2002 Lexus SC 430 Convertible

Base 4.3L V8 5-speed Automatic - (92 reviews )

'02 SC430
By jdleroy

2002 Lexus SC 430 Convertible 2dr Convertible (4.3L 8cyl 5A)

Bought the car 1 year ago @ 12 years of age with 100K and loving. All original equipment is still functioning perfectly and car is running strong, with the exception of 3 busted speakers that I replaced.

Favorite Features

As long as you are okay with purchasing a grand tourer instead of a sports car , you'll love it too. Smooth, quite, quick, bullet proof reliability and averaging about +21 mpg in mostly spirited highway driving. Vehicle Stability Control is pretty amazing, put the pedal down in a turn and the over-steer will become evident, luckily you'll hear a couple beeps followed by some ABS clicks and car will correct itself perfectly every time. Easy to do preventative maintenance on.

Suggested Improvements

Replacing the runflats is a must, and OEM wheels while you're at it. Original speakers are cheap and stereo has custom ohm rating, making non-OEM options troublesome to find. Suspension is way too soft for a "sports car".

SC 430 ("02")
By I.G.

2002 Lexus SC 430 Convertible 2dr Convertible (4.3L 8cyl 5A)

Ok, I've owned this "02" for only about 3 months, but only drives it for weekends only. I also own a "91" LS400 which is still running like new with a 140K plus. The SC is a all that and more from the modern exterior to the flawless interior (except for the cup holder, no biggie). Every time I drive, I'm always stopped to ask whether it's a 2010 or what? This most definitely was ahead of its time for a "02" I'll tell anyone, once you drive a LEXUS, you wouldn't want to drive anything ELSE!

Favorite Features

Hardtop convertible, wood grain

Suggested Improvements

Cup holder!

Great Car!
By Valerie

2002 Lexus SC 430 Convertible 2dr Convertible (4.3L 8cyl 5A)

I bought this car new in 2002 and have driven it almost 100,000 miles. Still love it. Other than the CD player becoming inexplicably inoperable recently (I spent $800 to replace it), it has never had any major problems. Lexus hasn't changed the body style at all since 2002, so with a recent paint job, the car looks brand new.

Favorite Features

Heated seats, Sleek look

Suggested Improvements

i-pod plug-in (not sure if the newer models have this)

My fifth one
By CHUBBY4323

2002 Lexus SC 430 Convertible 2dr Convertible (4.3L 8cyl 5A)

I just purchased an 02 SC430 and I am loving it!! Let me start by saying this is my 5th Lexus. I've owned 2 LS400, SC400, GS300 and now this SC430. I had no problem purchasing this vehicle w/98,000 mile on it and it looks brand new. (Garage Kept) The car has had every scheduled maintenance service since the car was purchased. It drives just like the 2010 and I saved thousands.. I've owned many other brands, but Lexus is my favorite. Now that I'm hitting mid life crisis I will stay w/Lexus from here on out!!

Favorite Features

Everything!

Suggested Improvements

I wouldn't change a thing.

What a car!
By Phillies40

2002 Lexus SC 430 Convertible 2dr Convertible (4.3L 8cyl 5A)

Just got the car this morning and drove it to work! What a fun drive! Noise is little high but the ride is very smooth! I think I got a great deal for 2002 SC430 with 23000 miles for 25K. Not bad! I love it so far!

Favorite Features

the smooth ride. the hard top convertible is cool!

Suggested Improvements

back seat is a little small but I am a short guy so not bad for my family.