2002 Lexus SC 430 - Consumer Reviews

Base 4.3L V8 5-speed Automatic - (92 reviews )
'02 SC430
By jdleroy on 08/22/14 21:23 PM (PDT)

2002 Lexus SC 430 2dr Convertible (4.3L 8cyl 5A)

Bought the car 1 year ago @ 12 years of age with 100K and loving. All original equipment is still functioning perfectly and car is running strong, with the exception of 3 busted speakers that I replaced.

SC 430 ("02")
By I.G. on 07/16/10 15:17 PM (PDT)

2002 Lexus SC 430 2dr Convertible (4.3L 8cyl 5A)

Ok, I've owned this "02" for only about 3 months, but only drives it for weekends only. I also own a "91" LS400 which is still running like new with a 140K plus. The SC is a all that and more from the modern exterior to the flawless interior (except for the cup holder, no biggie). Every time I drive, I'm always stopped to ask whether it's a 2010 or what? This most definitely was ahead of its time for a "02" I'll tell anyone, once you drive a LEXUS, you wouldn't want to drive anything ELSE!

Great Car!
By Valerie on 05/05/10 06:35 AM (PDT)

2002 Lexus SC 430 2dr Convertible (4.3L 8cyl 5A)

I bought this car new in 2002 and have driven it almost 100,000 miles. Still love it. Other than the CD player becoming inexplicably inoperable recently (I spent $800 to replace it), it has never had any major problems. Lexus hasn't changed the body style at all since 2002, so with a recent paint job, the car looks brand new.

My fifth one
By CHUBBY4323 on 03/09/10 15:13 PM (PST)

2002 Lexus SC 430 2dr Convertible (4.3L 8cyl 5A)

I just purchased an 02 SC430 and I am loving it!! Let me start by saying this is my 5th Lexus. I've owned 2 LS400, SC400, GS300 and now this SC430. I had no problem purchasing this vehicle w/98,000 mile on it and it looks brand new. (Garage Kept) The car has had every scheduled maintenance service since the car was purchased. It drives just like the 2010 and I saved thousands.. I've owned many other brands, but Lexus is my favorite. Now that I'm hitting mid life crisis I will stay w/Lexus from here on out!!

What a car!
By Phillies40 on 02/23/10 12:39 PM (PST)

2002 Lexus SC 430 2dr Convertible (4.3L 8cyl 5A)

Just got the car this morning and drove it to work! What a fun drive! Noise is little high but the ride is very smooth! I think I got a great deal for 2002 SC430 with 23000 miles for 25K. Not bad! I love it so far!

Timeless Classic
By Timeless Classic on 02/12/10 10:51 AM (PST)

2002 Lexus SC 430 2dr Convertible (4.3L 8cyl 5A)

When a car doesn't change its shape for the first 10 years it tells you something. They got it right the first time. This car gets the same admiring looks as it did in the fall of 2001 when introduced. Its the perfect combo of luxury, style and performance. Its not a pocket rocket but it is a luxury cruiser. You can take a 10 hour trip and not feel fatigued. That cannot be said about too many two seaters. This is one of the sexiest looking cars on the planet. The darker colors like Indigo Blue with saddle are the best looking color combos.

Almost Perfect
By Jeff on 01/17/10 05:26 AM (PST)

2002 Lexus SC 430 2dr Convertible (4.3L 8cyl 5A)

Love this car. Fast, fun top up or down. Quiet. Bulletproof. Love the exotic wood look of the bird's eye maple. Wish I could add about 100 more horsepower just for fun but then that would be a 911S, wouldn't it? Seriously if you are considering an SC430, it's a great 2 seater with a lot of package room. (Don't think of the rear seats as seats, they are simply insurance lowering devices). The Mark Levinson sound system is the best I've heard in a car. Get rid of the run-flats and put Michelin performance tires on for less road noise. The best compliment that I can give this car is that my next car may be a newer one with 6-speed automatic and satellite radio.

Close to Perfect
By Lexus_B on 06/23/09 05:55 AM (PDT)

2002 Lexus SC 430 2dr Convertible (4.3L 8cyl 5A)

This Lexus is outstanding. My sc430 handles nice, is comfortable, and is very reliable thus far- all of what you would expect from a Lexus. The hardtop operation is stunning. The luxury appointments are breathtaking. In terms of performance, the car won't blow you away, but the sc430 is adequately powerful and fun to drive. The car also feels very safe and drives very strong in the rain and snow. I immediately changed the run flat tires to Kumo Grand Touring Platinum tires, and the new tires greatly improve the ride, traction, and handling. Even with the new tires, the ride is a bit harsher than I expected for a Lexus. Overall, this car is as close to perfect as you will come for the price.

Nice Car
By bgelso on 04/15/09 07:35 AM (PDT)

2002 Lexus SC 430 2dr Convertible (4.3L 8cyl 5A)

I love my sc430. I bought this vehicle about six months ago with 72K miles from an independent dealership. This Lexus is not as fast as some sports cars, but the luxurious interior, unique exterior, comfortable seats, and retractable hardtop makes up for any shortcomings. I changed the runflats to grand touring "Platinum Kumo All-Season" tires. With the new tires, the traction is greatly improved and the ride quality is slightly improved. Overall, as a used vehicle this car is outstanding given the price, features, and Lexus reliability.

2002 SC 430
By jon on 04/05/09 00:05 AM (PDT)

2002 Lexus SC 430 2dr Convertible (4.3L 8cyl 5A)

Great car, fun to drive, lots of looks. Car has 132,000 miles now. All maintenance preformed by dealer. Drives like a new one. Ave mpg 22 city 26 hwy. Great nav system, stereo.