Used 2002 Lexus SC 430 Consumer Reviews - 95 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2002 Lexus SC 430 - Consumer Reviews

Base 4.3L V8 5-speed Automatic - (95 reviews )

Practical, Fun car
By Bill

2002 Lexus SC 430 2dr Convertible (4.3L 8cyl 5A)

Had this car for 12 years, trouble free, fun. Best car we have ever had. Moving to snow country, not practical, so with sadness, it must go!

great car
By Dave Iwinski

2002 Lexus SC 430 2dr Convertible (4.3L 8cyl 5A)

I never keep a new car past 4-5 years. I have owned my 2002 SC430 14 years. I still struggle if I want a convertible again, what is better??
I have pampered it like a baby and it still looks new. If you can find a well kept one, buy it.

Great Car
By Amy

2002 Lexus SC 430 2dr Convertible (4.3L 8cyl 5A)

Bought this car used in 2006 from Lexus dealer. Absolutely love it and looking to sell now that I have to use a car seat for my grandson.

'02 SC430
By jdleroy

2002 Lexus SC 430 2dr Convertible (4.3L 8cyl 5A)

Bought the car 1 year ago @ 12 years of age with 100K and loving. All original equipment is still functioning perfectly and car is running strong, with the exception of 3 busted speakers that I replaced.

As long as you are okay with purchasing a grand tourer instead of a sports car , you'll love it too. Smooth, quite, quick, bullet proof reliability and averaging about +21 mpg in mostly spirited highway driving. Vehicle Stability Control is pretty amazing, put the pedal down in a turn and the over-steer will become evident, luckily you'll hear a couple beeps followed by some ABS clicks and car will correct itself perfectly every time. Easy to do preventative maintenance on.

Replacing the runflats is a must, and OEM wheels while you're at it. Original speakers are cheap and stereo has custom ohm rating, making non-OEM options troublesome to find. Suspension is way too soft for a "sports car".

SC 430 ("02")
By I.G.

2002 Lexus SC 430 2dr Convertible (4.3L 8cyl 5A)

Ok, I've owned this "02" for only about 3 months, but only drives it for weekends only. I also own a "91" LS400 which is still running like new with a 140K plus. The SC is a all that and more from the modern exterior to the flawless interior (except for the cup holder, no biggie). Every time I drive, I'm always stopped to ask whether it's a 2010 or what? This most definitely was ahead of its time for a "02" I'll tell anyone, once you drive a LEXUS, you wouldn't want to drive anything ELSE!

Hardtop convertible, wood grain