Used 2000 Lexus SC 400 Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2000 Lexus SC 400 - Consumer Reviews

Base 4.0L V8 5-speed Automatic - (3 reviews )

The World's Greatest 2+2 GT
By joemadre

2000 Lexus SC 400 2dr Coupe

With the power of a DB7, the agility of a Lotus, the fuel-economy of a much smaller car (forget the EPA; I average 31 mpg) and the legendary reliability of... well, a Lexus, the 2000 Lexus SC 400 is quite simply the greatest 2+2 GT yet conceived. It may not have 21st century electronics, but it doesn't need them; I looked at everything from Bentleys to Aston Martins to newer installments in the Lexus line, and no other car came close to the now bargain-priced SC 400. Other cars may be faster or more efficient or more comfortable, but the SC 400 truly is the complete package. If there's anything that enthusiasts and consumers alike both hate, it's compromises, and this car makes none.

A 700 character limit is grossly inadequate to describe my favorite features in this car. Please see the original brochure under "features;" each and every one of them belongs here.

If you knew me in person, you would know that I am a very critical guy, and I seldom go easy on people or products. There is absolutely nothing that I would change about the 2000 Lexus SC 400. This car is simply beyond reproach, and anyone who tells you otherwise has never owned one.

Head turning looks
By 00 SC400

2000 Lexus SC 400 2dr Coupe

Being an owner of 1 of less than 500 cars made, is an exciting opportunity. I am very happy with my purchase. This car begs to be hammered and is so responsive. Mine has TSC and ETC which are must-haves in the northern climate. Amazing comfort and better than I expected on gas mileage for an 8 have been getting over 20 mpg. Of course if you drive hard it does get a little thirsty.

Nice and loud stereo with CD changer, 8 way power seats w/heat, telescope steering, Electronic Controlled Transmission, 3 garage door openers built in, loud stereo, moon roof. What's not to like.

Car is not made anymore -- pointless.

GREAT
By DRE

2000 Lexus SC 400 2dr Coupe

This is the most beautiful car in the world. And with is 290 horsepower VVT-i engine It doesn't fall short in the performance field. It's a lexus and it's not caused me any problems in the 2 years that I've owned it. Andre`

Auto tilt steering wheel. Keyless entry system BOOBimg NAKAMICHI audio system

Rool down or flip out rear window