Dream Car
By IowaLexus on
1997 Lexus SC 400 2dr Coupe
I was on a search for a really nice car and considered the BMW 3 series, Mercedes and Audis. I didn't consider a Lexus SC, because these are so rare in Iowa. But when I saw this at the dealership, it was too good to be true. Thanks to Kelly blue book and the previous owner being a millionaire who took care of his toys, I was able to get a steal. Mint condition, dressed to the nines with all the options except GPS and hands free phone, and with less than 28k miles. I practically got a new $65k car for $20. The quality inside and out was heads and shoulders above the other luxury makers in terms of holding on to quality. Everyone thinks my car is brand new.
Favorite Features
Styling and build quality. Reliability. Lexus attention to detail: easy to change air and oil filter. Very solid car inspires confidence (feels like a throwback Japanese muscle car from the 70s). Fun, fun, fun to drive. Luxury that's easy to maintain and looks brand new afer 7 years.
Suggested Improvements
Needs bigger trunk. Poor handling in snow, but then again, it's RWD. I should get Blizzaks. Frame is over- engineered, making it very solid but also heavy. The doors weight a ton - a plus if you're in an accident, a minus for everyday driving. Other than these minor flaws, this car is nearly perfect.