1996 Lexus SC 400 Coupe - Consumer Reviews

Base 4.0L V8 4-speed Automatic - (7 reviews )
Amazing
By Martin on 11/02/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

1996 Lexus SC 400 Coupe 2dr Coupe

Have only had the car a short while, but it's pretty amazing. You can pick this car up for 5 or 6 grand now, and it was over 50k new!

Luxury Coupe
By Steve Abrahamson on 08/30/08 00:02 AM (PDT)

1996 Lexus SC 400 Coupe 2dr Coupe

The Lexus SC 400 is built like a tank and was made to last. I bought my beauty 12 years after it was assembled, but it had only 70,000 miles on it. The car is heavy duty, and weights a ton, but this creates an amazingly smooth ride. The car is not street light to street light quick, but has great power on the freeway. Perhaps I do not have the lead foot of some others, but my 12 year old car gets very respectable mileage. I have gotten as much as 24 miles per gallon on an entire tank, and rarely get under 20 miles per gallon - very respectable for a V8 with 260 HP.

Well designed luxury vehicle
By SC4Hundred on 03/03/06 17:42 PM (PST)

1996 Lexus SC 400 Coupe 2dr Coupe

I owned this car for more than 3 years now, the experience were very positive. This car runs flawlessly. I did all the required maintenance and more. The maintenance could be expensive but it is well worth it. It is a perfect cruiser not a sports car. Get one and judge it for yourself. Remember to come back to this site and post your comments.

Lexus Owner for Life
By D Dennis on 07/14/05 12:45 PM (PDT)

1996 Lexus SC 400 Coupe 2dr Coupe

This has been and incredible vehicle to own. My parents bought a S class Mercedes the same time I bought my vehicle and that Benz stayed in the shop. This is an awesome car I have over 200k on my vehicle and not one problem to date. I plan on buying a LS430 first of 06 and I will always buy Lexus.

Lexus SC400 Perfect Car
By srmhd on 03/20/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1996 Lexus SC 400 Coupe 2dr Coupe

Luckily I found and drove this car home before someone else did. I kept this car about a week before I finally signed papers and for only $15500.00 and 68000 miles I believe I made the best decision on a car I have ever made. Platinum Metallic, Black leather Interior, Heated seats, VSC, Nakamichi Audio System,Compact Disc Changer, Power Moonroof, Rear Spoiler, Traction Control System.

1996 SC400 Lexus
By Ev on 02/12/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1996 Lexus SC 400 Coupe 2dr Coupe

never had a single problem.

Lexus=The desire of ALL other makes
By Andrew B on 06/06/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1996 Lexus SC 400 Coupe 2dr Coupe

I have always liked the Lexus line-up of vehicles. Style, class, reliability and re-sale value all receive high marks from me. My family have owned several Lexus styles since 1990. My favorite to date is the SC 400. WOW, what a car. I would recommend ANY of the Lexus line-up....but save a few $$$'s and buy pre-owned. My 1996 SC 400 had an original MSRP of $56600. I bought it in 2001 with 80K for $15,500.....but it still feels, drives and smells as if it were new. Good luck finding the Lexus you will definitly fall in love with.