Used 1996 Lexus SC 400 Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

1996 Lexus SC 400 - Consumer Reviews

Base 4.0L V8 4-speed Automatic - (7 reviews )

Amazing
By Martin

1996 Lexus SC 400 2dr Coupe

Have only had the car a short while, but it's pretty amazing. You can pick this car up for 5 or 6 grand now, and it was over 50k new!

AC is just awesome. Quiet, fast.

I put in a new stereo deck, but kept the original nakamichi amps and speakers.

Luxury Coupe
By Steve Abrahamson

1996 Lexus SC 400 2dr Coupe

The Lexus SC 400 is built like a tank and was made to last. I bought my beauty 12 years after it was assembled, but it had only 70,000 miles on it. The car is heavy duty, and weights a ton, but this creates an amazingly smooth ride. The car is not street light to street light quick, but has great power on the freeway. Perhaps I do not have the lead foot of some others, but my 12 year old car gets very respectable mileage. I have gotten as much as 24 miles per gallon on an entire tank, and rarely get under 20 miles per gallon - very respectable for a V8 with 260 HP.

The sound of the car as you fire it up is a throaty growl and it never fails to put a smile on my face. The sound system is wonderful, and the ride is smooth and quiet.

The gearing is very conservative as most of the power seems to be on the upper end.

Well designed luxury vehicle
By SC4Hundred

1996 Lexus SC 400 2dr Coupe

I owned this car for more than 3 years now, the experience were very positive. This car runs flawlessly. I did all the required maintenance and more. The maintenance could be expensive but it is well worth it. It is a perfect cruiser not a sports car. Get one and judge it for yourself. Remember to come back to this site and post your comments.

My favorite features are the exterior design and all the convenience features, such as 1 touch moon roof, power seat, tilting wheels, etc…

The improvements were addressed on the later model years.

Lexus Owner for Life
By D Dennis

1996 Lexus SC 400 2dr Coupe

This has been and incredible vehicle to own. My parents bought a S class Mercedes the same time I bought my vehicle and that Benz stayed in the shop. This is an awesome car I have over 200k on my vehicle and not one problem to date. I plan on buying a LS430 first of 06 and I will always buy Lexus.

Everything is great about this vehicle.

You can't improve if it if it's already perfect.

Lexus SC400 Perfect Car
By srmhd

1996 Lexus SC 400 2dr Coupe

Luckily I found and drove this car home before someone else did. I kept this car about a week before I finally signed papers and for only $15500.00 and 68000 miles I believe I made the best decision on a car I have ever made. Platinum Metallic, Black leather Interior, Heated seats, VSC, Nakamichi Audio System,Compact Disc Changer, Power Moonroof, Rear Spoiler, Traction Control System.

Power and Ride. Sexy Profile.

Wish I could get 18 mpg city like Edmunds says it should get. But 16 and some better is almost as good.