Lexus at last!
By Walt Hardy on
1995 Lexus SC 400 2dr Coupe
Finally! This is a truly wonderful car. I have always admired the Lexus SC400 and when the opportunity to get one of my own it was too good to pass up. I am the 3rd over. The first 2 owners new each other and lived down the street from each other. She spent her entire life on Long Island til now and is she getting a workout. I love long trips and I take her out on the open road every chance I get. After 15 years, she still gets admiring glances. Other SC400 drivers smile and wave and I return the favor. It is like a little secret society. You cannot go wrong if you find one well maintained. Like others have said the interior is the best. I have a year 95 first: Black/black interior. Sweet!!
Favorite Features
The design. It was ahead of its time but it took this car to make me finally realize how important color is to a car. My favorite feature: The color Black Onyx. Other colors are starting to look dated but the color black onyx shows off the design to maximum advantage and make the car timeless.
Suggested Improvements
I'm working on this one myself. The console ridge will wear on your right knee after a couple hours. Other than that, the car is next to flawless. I did update the tires/wheels to the Lexus 18 inch 460h wheels to get her into the 21st century and will add window visors to vent out a little heat.