1995 Lexus SC 400 - Consumer Reviews

Base 4.0L V8 4-speed Automatic - (24 reviews )
Every superlative fits
By jdimicco1 on 07/22/11 08:48 AM (PDT)

1995 Lexus SC 400 2dr Coupe

I acquired this "renaissance red" beauty last year with only 58,000 miles on it. A truly incredible machine - supremely comfortable with superb performance! This car purrs along without straining at all at 80+ mph, and it's handling is absoluteley stunning - I've never enjoyed highway entrance and exit ramps so much! The original stereo (Nakamichi) was probably great when new (except for the notorious skipping problem with the 12-disc CD changer in the trunk) but speakers were shot when I got the car - I replaced with an Alpine system. Now I'm ready to keep this sweet machine until I die...or can't find premium fuel for her any more. If you can find one, BUY IT!

Best car I've ever owned
By 95lexus000 on 09/28/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

1995 Lexus SC 400 2dr Coupe

I purchased my 1995 Lexus sc400 a few months ago and I have never driven or owned a car that I liked more than this one. It is over 16 years old and has 130,000 miles on it but somehow it drives like new. I can tell that it will go at least 250k before anything goes wrong. I am the 2nd owner, the first owner always took it to Lexus for the scheduled maintenance. It was built in Japan, has a smooth ride and lots of power. It is extremely fun to drive and I can honestly say that the next car I buy will be a Lexus sc400, probably 1995 to 1999 model. I would highly recommend this vehicle to anybody. I average 21 mpg!

Lexus at last!
By Walt Hardy on 01/15/10 14:52 PM (PST)

1995 Lexus SC 400 2dr Coupe

Finally! This is a truly wonderful car. I have always admired the Lexus SC400 and when the opportunity to get one of my own it was too good to pass up. I am the 3rd over. The first 2 owners new each other and lived down the street from each other. She spent her entire life on Long Island til now and is she getting a workout. I love long trips and I take her out on the open road every chance I get. After 15 years, she still gets admiring glances. Other SC400 drivers smile and wave and I return the favor. It is like a little secret society. You cannot go wrong if you find one well maintained. Like others have said the interior is the best. I have a year 95 first: Black/black interior. Sweet!!

Finest vehicle I've ever owned!
By Fred on 12/12/09 16:30 PM (PST)

1995 Lexus SC 400 2dr Coupe

When I drove "Jade" out of the new car showroom in northern New Jersey in August of 1995 more than 14 years ago, who would have thought we'd still be together and quite happy with each other for so long after that? She was the second SC400 I ever owned and I knew what I was getting into when I returned my 1992 SC400 "Honey"'s lease when it expired. I've owned or leased Jaguars, Mercedes, Cadillacs, BMWs, etc. when I lived in New York City but not once did I ever imagine that I'd still be drawing stares on the street and thumbs up on the road being with Jade! If this were a marriage, it would be a very, very good one. As with my wife, I am planning to be with Jade until my very last day.

Awesome Machine
By Robert on 06/20/08 20:04 PM (PDT)

1995 Lexus SC 400 2dr Coupe

I found this car under several inches of dust on the back lot. It was just traded in. It was stored for 7 years. 69,383 actual miles - I kid you not! After completely flushing/replacing ALL the fluids and detailing it inside and out it is absolutely immaculate. Runs, looks and performs like new. Really. This is one of the best machines ever designed, engineered and built. I still can't believe I actually own such beauty. Believe it or not, it gets 24 around town and 27 on the highway.

The Perfect Road Machine!
By Robert on 03/21/08 13:21 PM (PDT)

1995 Lexus SC 400 2dr Coupe

I was looking for an SC 400. So imagine my surprise when I found a 1995 with 69000 miles. It was garaged for 7 years. It's in immaculate condition. Probably the thing I don't like about it is th flimsy cup holder in the dash. Other than that I love it.

Loved the car 4yrs
By Mspk on 09/11/07 14:56 PM (PDT)

1995 Lexus SC 400 2dr Coupe

Great ride. Trouble free for 4yrs. Sound system phenomenal, interior very durable. Most dependable car out there! Heavy car so it is sluggish off line. Premium only fuel is expensive @ 18mpg. Passenger door handle internal workings gave out, windows sluggish, however, all maintenance is easy to DIY. AC blows full hot or full cold. $5 valve stuck open requires engine pull to change. AC backlighting will go out.

Happy customer
By happy customer on 11/20/06 08:35 AM (PST)

1995 Lexus SC 400 2dr Coupe

The best car that I've ever owned. Extremely reliable except for radiator repair, I've had no mechanical problems. I have had small problems which is inevitable for an 11 year old car like fuses and relays that control the internal electronics.The Nakamichi stereo system is the best stereo I have ever heard in a car. I usually toss out stock stereo equipment in cars when I buy a car because I'm an audiophile and go after market to get the best sounding stereo equipment available to meet my musical expectations. I didn't have to do that with the Nakamichi because it sounds so good. The car handles like a true sports car, nice power, I've taken this car over 140 mph the car was smooth and quiet.

Lexus SC400 is a winner
By Todd Deffenbaugh on 04/26/05 11:50 AM (PDT)

1995 Lexus SC 400 2dr Coupe

I've got a 187,000 miles on my SC400 and it's never required anything other than routine maintenance and a new timing belt. I'm very confident that I could get over 300,000 miles on this car.

Takes a lickin keep on tickin
By SC400DRVR on 06/07/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

1995 Lexus SC 400 2dr Coupe

I have had this car for six years and have put over 200k miles on it. Except for normal maintenance I have put less than $1800 into the car for repairs which equals to $300 per year (wheel bearing, alternator, and PS pump). I still put 800 miles a week and love to drive the car on the backroads and highways, still drives like the first day I bought it.