Used 1995 Lexus SC 400 Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

1995 Lexus SC 400 - Consumer Reviews

Base 4.0L V8 4-speed Automatic - (25 reviews )

Beast of No Nation
By hajmaja

1995 Lexus SC 400 2dr Coupe

I never met or heard about this car until I met it at an auction in DC. The way the car was looking at me , I know it wants to go home with me. I tried my luck among numerous young folks who wants to buy the car, and I won. I bought this car less than 3 grands with 170,000 miles, but to my utmost surprise, the engine of the car has never being touched. No single dent in the body, and the interior scores 85%. The first time I drove this car, it was like I have never driven in my life. Talk of perfect, the car is perfect. Talk of elegance, the car has it. Talk of strength, the car is always ready for confrontation. Thank you Lexus for making this rear angel. It is mine forever!

Driving pattern, movement, revving engine sound can intimidate any V6 toy. People, I will keep this car for the rest of my life.

Nothing! It is too late.

Every superlative fits
By jdimicco1

1995 Lexus SC 400 2dr Coupe

I acquired this "renaissance red" beauty last year with only 58,000 miles on it. A truly incredible machine - supremely comfortable with superb performance! This car purrs along without straining at all at 80+ mph, and it's handling is absoluteley stunning - I've never enjoyed highway entrance and exit ramps so much! The original stereo (Nakamichi) was probably great when new (except for the notorious skipping problem with the 12-disc CD changer in the trunk) but speakers were shot when I got the car - I replaced with an Alpine system. Now I'm ready to keep this sweet machine until I die...or can't find premium fuel for her any more. If you can find one, BUY IT!

Handling, power, comfort, overall performance - all outstanding!

Don't expect great mileage - I get about 16 around town. Could do better if it weren't so much fun to drive. I get 24 mpg highway which is not bad at all for this refined beast.

Best car I've ever owned
By 95lexus000

1995 Lexus SC 400 2dr Coupe

I purchased my 1995 Lexus sc400 a few months ago and I have never driven or owned a car that I liked more than this one. It is over 16 years old and has 130,000 miles on it but somehow it drives like new. I can tell that it will go at least 250k before anything goes wrong. I am the 2nd owner, the first owner always took it to Lexus for the scheduled maintenance. It was built in Japan, has a smooth ride and lots of power. It is extremely fun to drive and I can honestly say that the next car I buy will be a Lexus sc400, probably 1995 to 1999 model. I would highly recommend this vehicle to anybody. I average 21 mpg!

ride quality, smooth and strong v8 power, made in Japan, very rugged build, amazing cornering, rare distinctive car, super strong door hinges, gears shift smoothly, low end torque is exciting and high end horsepower is very noticeable and fun

better cup holders, 5 speed transmission rather than the 4 speed, option to use lower octane fuel

Lexus at last!
By Walt Hardy

1995 Lexus SC 400 2dr Coupe

Finally! This is a truly wonderful car. I have always admired the Lexus SC400 and when the opportunity to get one of my own it was too good to pass up. I am the 3rd over. The first 2 owners new each other and lived down the street from each other. She spent her entire life on Long Island til now and is she getting a workout. I love long trips and I take her out on the open road every chance I get. After 15 years, she still gets admiring glances. Other SC400 drivers smile and wave and I return the favor. It is like a little secret society. You cannot go wrong if you find one well maintained. Like others have said the interior is the best. I have a year 95 first: Black/black interior. Sweet!!

The design. It was ahead of its time but it took this car to make me finally realize how important color is to a car. My favorite feature: The color Black Onyx. Other colors are starting to look dated but the color black onyx shows off the design to maximum advantage and make the car timeless.

I'm working on this one myself. The console ridge will wear on your right knee after a couple hours. Other than that, the car is next to flawless. I did update the tires/wheels to the Lexus 18 inch 460h wheels to get her into the 21st century and will add window visors to vent out a little heat.

Finest vehicle I've ever owned!
By Fred

1995 Lexus SC 400 2dr Coupe

When I drove "Jade" out of the new car showroom in northern New Jersey in August of 1995 more than 14 years ago, who would have thought we'd still be together and quite happy with each other for so long after that? She was the second SC400 I ever owned and I knew what I was getting into when I returned my 1992 SC400 "Honey"'s lease when it expired. I've owned or leased Jaguars, Mercedes, Cadillacs, BMWs, etc. when I lived in New York City but not once did I ever imagine that I'd still be drawing stares on the street and thumbs up on the road being with Jade! If this were a marriage, it would be a very, very good one. As with my wife, I am planning to be with Jade until my very last day.

We are there for each other...

Cup holder...