1993 Lexus SC 400 - Consumer Reviews

Base 4.0L V8 4-speed Automatic - (0 review )
the best used car value
By almada's SC 400 on 09/09/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1993 Lexus SC 400 2dr Coupe

OF ALL THE CARS I HAVE OWNED, THIS SC400 IS THE BEST VALUE,QUALITY, FIT AND FINISH, AND TIMELESS DESIGN. I REALLY ENJOY DRIVING HIGH LINE CARS (1987 BMW 325,1990 CORVETTE CPE,1990 300ZX,1994&1988 JAGUAR XJ6). LEXUS SERVICE IS THE BEST I HAVE EXPERIENCED FOR REGULAR MAINTENENCE. I AM THE SECOND OWNER OF THIS FINE LEXUS SC 400. I HAVE NO PROBLEM RECOMMENDING THIS CAR TO ANYONE WHO IS LOOKING FOR STYLISH DEPENDABILITY.

great used car buy!
By ThomOrazio on 07/01/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1993 Lexus SC 400 2dr Coupe

I can't get enough how great this car has *aged* (it hasn't really). The lines are as stylish as if it were new. The one I purchased, from a meticulous previous owner, looks like NEW. So if you maintain a car like this, it can remain vintage new. It has the features of cars built 2 years ago, not more than 10. Lexus was way ahead of the game with the SC400.

Your car is here. . .
By sweetsc400 on 05/22/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1993 Lexus SC 400 2dr Coupe

How many carmakers can provide a car that will give years of trouble-free use when they already have 145,000 miles? Not that many. SC400/300 are over-engineered, they're almost an industrial strength car, so to speak. If it weren't for the tach needle trembling at 600rpms, you wouldn't know it was running. The leather still looks new (if treated occasionallyafter 100,000 miles. The transmissions, exterior/interior integrity, and elec. features still perform flawlessly after 10 years. Look for one with service history. If you take a VIN # to your local dealership they'll tell you it's service history.

Excellent Auto
By ptdulac on 01/15/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1993 Lexus SC 400 2dr Coupe

I currently own a LS400 and a SC400. That in itself should tell you everything. They are comfortable, reliable and always exciting to drive. In my opinion there is no car within $50,000 that can touch these autos, new or used.

There's No Finer Used Car Than SC400
By hawkeye_pierce2 on 11/05/02 00:00 AM (PST)

1993 Lexus SC 400 2dr Coupe

I would never bother spending the time or money on an SC300 (not that there's anything wrong w/them...it's just that the SC400 is all that should matter). The additional power and performance of the V8 alone is worth every consideration. I have never in all my life owned a finer used vehicle that the 1993 SC400 and I've had many fine used cars (I've never owned a car over $15k until the brand new '99 Jeep Wrangler 4.0L Sport that I had 10mos before trading it in for this car, the SC400).

love my sc400
By edos on 08/02/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1993 Lexus SC 400 2dr Coupe

I bought this car in April with 170,000 miles on it to replace my 1989 mazda GT. It runs like new. Its exterior design is beautiful and unique. Not as sporty and quiet as BMW or others, but handles well and very reliable. Powertrain is smooth and quiet. Past 120 MPH it is very stable (believe me i do it a lot. that's why i'll never buy a car with less than 130 MPH top speed and acts like a waterbed after 70). Luxury features are great. I think it is overpriced when new, but great value as a used car.

Can't beat a Lexus
By NVmySC400 on 07/14/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1993 Lexus SC 400 2dr Coupe

I own a Lexus Sc400. The car is great. Can't beat the style, high performing V8, great sound system, smooth transmission, and over all luxury. No major problems. I love it. Could not be happier with it. Would recommend one to anyone!

The greatest car ever biult.
By mktplayer on 07/10/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1993 Lexus SC 400 2dr Coupe

I recently purchased my 93 Lexus SC400 (96k miles) a little over 5 months ago and we have been inseparable ever since. The car design is absolutely beautiful, sleek, and sexy. Although She’s 9years old my opinion there is very few newer luxury sports cars in the market today that can even compare to its beauty, performance and reliability. As old as she is she still turns heads and after 9 years you would thank the initial first impression shock will fade overtime but its beauty is timeless.

great car
By relentless44 on 02/27/02 23:20 PM (PST)

Great ride, very reliabl