1993 Lexus SC 400 Coupe - Consumer Reviews

Base 4.0L V8 4-speed Automatic - (19 reviews )
Lex
By josh on 02/20/10 23:14 PM (PST)

1993 Lexus SC 400 Coupe 2dr Coupe

Great car, pick a gently used for a great choice. I have driven other cars with spice - my sc400 has over a 10 year period been - hands down - the best car that i have ever owned. In 1999 i purchase my certified car for $25,000 when it had ~35,000 miles on it - it now has 125,000 miles on it. The few repairs were: antenna motor, driver's door window motor, starter, alternator, power steering pump and then brakes, tires, & regular tune-up stuff - since i owned the car my average service costs to keep the car in very good running condition has been $81.00 per month - a blend of dealer work (starter / 60K service) and private mechanic. 17 years old and it still kicks. Timeless lines.

'93 SC400 Fun, Fun, Fun!!!
By PFONTNEAU on 01/19/09 15:49 PM (PST)

1993 Lexus SC 400 Coupe 2dr Coupe

Bought it in 12/2004 with 56,000 miles on it. I have enjoyed it tremendously. Great road car, holds the road and provides 18-22 MPG. Back seat is a little tight for adults and trunk could be bigger. Have replaced water pump, oil pump and other regular maintenance items. Leather drivers seat is beginning to show wear but to be expected. Gets up and goes when you mash the accelerator. 12 CD player has been trouble - replaced with Lexus 6 CD player. Low to the ground so clearance is concern. Front spoiler below bumper is easy to get scrapped and dented. A/C and heater are great. All in all; I have enjoyed driving and owning the SC400.

Amazing vehicle!!
By acenase on 08/26/06 10:26 AM (PDT)

1993 Lexus SC 400 Coupe 2dr Coupe

I have owned this vehicle for a little over a year now and it truly is the BEST car I have ever owned! I drive it every day with NO PROBLEMS whatsoever! I just do my regular maintenence: oil change, oil filter, etc. and it runs like it's brand new. It has 175,000 miles on it. AMAZING VEHICLE and I will never sell this car ever.

Reliable Luxury Sports Coupe
By Ash on 05/18/06 15:25 PM (PDT)

1993 Lexus SC 400 Coupe 2dr Coupe

I bought my SC 400 last summer and this has been my best purchase. The sleek design, powerful and very quiet V8 provides plenty of power and decent gas mileage.

Classic Style - Awesome Quality
By Marie on 01/24/06 10:32 AM (PST)

1993 Lexus SC 400 Coupe 2dr Coupe

I bought my SC400 in 1996 when it was 3 years old. It now has 164k miles and still going strong. I can't say enough about its style--which is still a head- turner 13 years after its production and its performance--which has been outstanding in the 10 years I've owned it. This one's a keeper and soon to be a classic !! Why doesn't Lexus make them anymore? Their new sport coupe design is small and has limited interior/trunk space.

The benchmark of all luxo rides!
By Ash on 07/22/05 11:51 AM (PDT)

1993 Lexus SC 400 Coupe 2dr Coupe

This is my first Lexus experience, and I have to admit it has been the best purchase I have ever made. I have owned BMW, Mercedes, Cadillac, however the Lexus does not show age even after 12 years. I recommend doing a carfax before you purchase so you better aware of maintenance. Even with 100K, the car drives like new.

Best car ever...
By themblues on 02/04/05 18:53 PM (PST)

1993 Lexus SC 400 Coupe 2dr Coupe

I picked mine up 4 years ago at 125K and can only say wonderful things about it right up to now at 175K. However, things are starting to show their age: weak trunk struts ($200), A.C. compressor seals ($1200 - ouch!), tranny is "humming" a little (shame on me for never changing the fluid), driver side window motor ($425), fried rear speakers ($100), antenna motor ($50). But I would expect a lot more to go wrong with almost any other make at this mileage. The car is still like silk. Still one of the best looking right up there with the Jag XK, which I'm thinking of getting, but I just can't beat getting another one of these. I drove a '98 Lincoln Mark VIII and it doesn't even compare.

Good Investment
By mmone117 on 08/08/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

1993 Lexus SC 400 Coupe 2dr Coupe

I needed to purchase a reliable car after I got rid of my saab.That was a disaster.I also purchased that used and it was a money pit! This is truly a beautiful car.It rides like a dream but I expected nothing less.I am currently the third owner of my vehicle.Anyone that is buying used I suggest that you do a car fax report.The previous owner kept the car spotless.It has a fresh paint job and the interior is great.I cannot say enough about it.

this a good buy
By Batman2327 on 06/24/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

1993 Lexus SC 400 Coupe 2dr Coupe

This is a very well built car. My Lexus has over 100000 miles on it but drives like new. It has power, gets great gas mileage (especially for an eight cylinder engine), has been trouble free, and turns heads. The only thing is that the wood in the interior doesn't quite look right.

Fantastic car – The best
By DANNY on 02/26/04 00:00 AM (PST)

1993 Lexus SC 400 Coupe 2dr Coupe

You can’t go wrong with this car. Great perforce, style and reliability. I have own other luxury sport cars, Mercedes, BMW. Though they have good performance as well the reliability of the SC400 Lexus is outstanding. I am very satisfied customer I highly recommend it. Enjoy.