I Love My Lexus SC 400
By Tom on
1992 Lexus SC 400 2dr Coupe
I bought a 1992 SC 400 two and a half years ago (3/05) with 166,000 miles. I paid about $5,500. My car now has 186,000 miles and has been very reliable. I put Bridgestone tires on car when first bought and it handles great!! Very good on gas on highway for a car weighing 3800 pounds (about 27 MPG). If you are considering this car, drive a clean, well-taken-care-of car and see if you like. These cars can go over 300,000 miles with no tranny or motor work if maintained and not abused. This car has been great!!
Favorite Features
Great power and refinement!! Very solidly build and very reliable. Sound system is awesome and I love the 10 disc changer in the trunk. Heated seats are great and air and heat are very powerful. Car handles and drives very nice. Car is very solid and brakes very strong. ABS and traction control.
Suggested Improvements
Little things which they did in newer models like more than one setting for heated seats - power up and down on both windows would be great. Power trunk release would be nice . They added more power after 1997 I think. (Close to 300, mine has about 250 hp and runs strong).