1992 Lexus SC 400 Consumer Review: Just keeps going, and going...

1992 Lexus SC 400 - Consumer Review

Just keeps going, and going...
By murco1 on

1992 Lexus SC 400 2dr Coupe

I purchased this car as a comfortable winter beater, not planning to keep it. It has sunk it's well-built teeth into me and I don't see myself ever letting go of this car! At 190K miles it still starts right up, shifts as smooth as silk, all of the electronics work, and it drives wonderfully after having the steering rack bushings replaced ($55 + my labor - 30 minutes).The interior only has minor wear on the seats and I replaced the gauge lighting for $12, otherwise it is as it left the showroom after almost 20 years! The paint is fading but the panel fit is still extrodinary, it will be painted this coming spring and I'll probably get some rolling jewelry for it too! Drive one, you'll buy!

Seat memory that also power-adjusts the steering wheel and mirrors, variable power assist steering. I also added a Homelink auto-dimming mirror that just adds to the enjoyment.

The stereo amp was dead, I'll be replacing the system with an Alpine stereo w/iPod-phone connectivity. If you would like to make the gauge lighting better there are LED lamps that make it come alive!