1992 Lexus SC 400 Coupe - Consumer Reviews

Base 4.0L V8 4-speed Automatic - (40 reviews )
Great car but require lots of work
By owner of SC400 on 07/01/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

1992 Lexus SC 400 Coupe 2dr Coupe

I bought this car in 2002 used with 98000 miles, it has 127000 miles now after about 5000 dollars of work. I have replaced the radiator, rotators, power steering pump and rack and pinion, water pump, passenger window regulator, and rear breaks. I still love this car but I think it breaks down too much. When it is not breaking down, it runs great and for a 12 year old car the exterior and interior still looks awesome. I would recommand this vehicle only if you have enough money to fix it, otherwise buy a new car or new lexus.

Best all around
By Nevrends on 06/27/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

1992 Lexus SC 400 Coupe 2dr Coupe

Bought this one in 1992 with 3k on it, today I have 237,500 on it. Best car I've ever driven on a daily basis. Thought of selling it, bought the LS400, sold it, bought the BMW 850Ci, sold it, bought the Q45, sold it and kept on driving the SC400. A very fun, solid, performance sports car with an interior built around the driver, it's hard not to enjoy.

Incredible Car
By MRAD on 04/21/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

1992 Lexus SC 400 Coupe 2dr Coupe

This has to be one of the best cars that I have ever driven, I would recommened this car to anyone intrested in a high-end luxury sports compact. This car would go great in the sports compact scene as a racer and has a massive power and style advantage over its competition.

Great Car!
By K-Los on 10/22/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1992 Lexus SC 400 Coupe 2dr Coupe

This car has been great to me! This car has been my fourth sports car and has been the most reliable. I haven't had any major problems and I now have 189,000 miles. I will not sell and will purchase another Lexus.

Going for 250k
By Lagunatic on 09/20/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1992 Lexus SC 400 Coupe 2dr Coupe

I bought one of the first ones to come to Southern California in 1991. I have driven it hard and it has never complained. The engine is still great and the transmission is smooth. My quibble with the interior is the leather, which Lexus decided to paint as opposed to dye. Another 42k miles and I will have hit 250K.

My Fast Black Bullet
By myblackbullet on 08/24/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1992 Lexus SC 400 Coupe 2dr Coupe

Hello i bought my Lexus SC400 alittle more than a year now and it has been a great automobile. i get compliments everyday from people who see me driving. the performance is excellent and it has the most beautiful design i haave ever seen. it is alot of money to mantain but i think it is worth it.i would recommend this car to anybody who loves the design and that likes to go fast.

My favorite car
By Tas on 07/13/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1992 Lexus SC 400 Coupe 2dr Coupe

Great power, a super luxurious car and my all time favorite!

Black beauty and super fast too
By Shahin Rezai on 06/03/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1992 Lexus SC 400 Coupe 2dr Coupe

I have this car for three yeras now. I got it as I graduated from college. i love every minute of driving it and I still get so much attention in it even though it'smore then ten years old and I live in Scottsdale with all the Rolls and Benz and others around. I really don't see myself selling it. Did I mentions the interior, LOVE IT all.

Very Satisfied
By Karlyn on 02/12/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1992 Lexus SC 400 Coupe 2dr Coupe

I have never felt the need to write a review on anything until now. I can not put into words how great this car is. It drives like a dream, the exterior is eye catching, the interior is top of the line in luxury and just an all around outstanding sportscar. I have owned other vehicles including an suv but nothing has compared to the Lexus SC400. I will never sell this car and Iam sorry that they have discontinued production of this supreme vehicle.

Over Rated!!!
By lexowner on 02/05/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1992 Lexus SC 400 Coupe 2dr Coupe

The parts for this vehicle are extremely expensive(A gear is stripped in the passenger seat = $1000). This vehicle is fun to drive but could handle better. I like the interior design but the quality of the interior accessories is rather poor.