Used 1999 Lexus SC 300 Base Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

1999 Lexus Sc-300 - Consumer Reviews

1999 Lexus SC 300

Base 3.0L 6-cyl. 4-speed Automatic - (4 reviews )

WHAT A GREAT CAR
By checkelmann

1999 Lexus SC 300 2dr Coupe

I have had this car for almost 14 years and it has 250,000 miles on it. I love it and so many people have stopped me for years to see if they could buy it. Of course, I said "no". If only Lexus would make a car similar to this SC, I would buy it in a flash. The sports car that they came up with to replace it is too small and too expensive. The IS in my opinion is no comparison at all. This car has "class" and is a dream to drive. I hate giving it up. I am looking hard now to find something that I absolutely love and it is hard. Most of the cars all look alike. I am considering the Audi S5...it is closest in look and seems to have what I like. I would rather drive the Lexus though!

Favorite Features

Style; Power; Sleek. A car for anyone (even younger crowds want it). Has 250,000 miles and still running great and looks great in black.

Suggested Improvements

Only thing missing is larger glove box but most cars have small compartments.

Beautiful Sight to See!!!
By eagleherc

1999 Lexus SC 300 2dr Coupe

I just purchased a 1999 SC300 with 141k for a steal. I always thought these cars were nice but WOW. Now that I own one it is amazing the attention I get (and Enjoying every bit of it!!!). I took it to my mechanic and everything checks out, we are working to get her back in top form. After having the Black Exterior buffed out, it has restored a beautiful deep luster. Seats fit like a glove. Stereo is AWESOME!!! Lexus you have won me over. :-)

Favorite Features

My favorite things are the AWESOME stereo with it's DEEP TIGHT BASS. The bright Illuminated instrumentation and the styling. I walk to the parking lot and instead of a boxy old 4 Dr. I now have a sleek coupe that has better styling than half the cars on the road today. I also love the gated shifter, really makes the car feel high-end. Oh, forgot to mention one of the best features of all. The ETC Power switch. Flip that bad boy and the car turns into a Ferrari. It's a feature that lets the engine shift and perform more sporty and aggressively. I LOVE IT!!!!! So basically everything is my favorite can't you tell :-)

Suggested Improvements

Model was changed in 02. Love this one just the way it is. :-)

LOVE THIS CAR
By billvu

1999 Lexus SC 300 2dr Coupe

This is the most fun car I have ever driven. I have owned mustangs, vettes, and other cars, but this one takes the cake. Never had any mechanical problems and it just looks stylish. Classy at the club and sporty on the highway.

Best Car I've Ever Owned!
By Renard

1999 Lexus SC 300 2dr Coupe

During a period of "unemployment", I decided to try my hand at selling cars. I was sold on the quality and vowed that I would one day own one. I got back into my previous career field and bought not one - but TWO Lexus (Lexi ??). My SC 300 is without a doubt the most luxurious car I've ever owned. It drives like a dream and hasn't been in the shop for anything other than recommended scheduled maintenance. The styling is distinctive and it is a pleasure to drive!!

Favorite Features

Exterior styling and the interior comforts.

Suggested Improvements

I would have preferred an in-dash 6-CD player, with an option for a single CD in addition to the 6 CD cartridge; a manual transmission would have made it even more fun to drive