1997 Lexus SC 300 - Consumer Reviews

Base 3.0L 6-cyl. 5-speed Manual - (6 reviews )
SC 300
By Pete on 06/03/07 13:48 PM (PDT)

1997 Lexus SC 300 2dr Coupe

Great looking car and built solid. Don't see many of these around and so it's a pleasure to have something different.

Dream on wheels
By microdzz on 12/18/06 09:37 AM (PST)

1997 Lexus SC 300 2dr Coupe

EXTERIOR: Racy yet classy design. This car can go anywhere and feel right at home, be it a business meeting, a wedding reception or a day at the park with buddies. INTERIOR: The leather seats are extremely comfortable. Front passenger room is more than adequate. Ergonomics are great with the exception of the cup holders. Of course rear passenger room is not the forte of any sport coupe, however, a large 6'3" 220lb. teenager fits back there (to my surprise). Performance/reliability: Where this car absolutely excels. Have had no repair issues. A regularly maintained SC 300 might run forever. Incredible on the curves, heart pounding passing power, top end close to 150 mph (not recommended).

Excellent Drive
By Kevin Towe on 04/09/06 10:56 AM (PDT)

1997 Lexus SC 300 2dr Coupe

This is a great car. I have all the regular maintenance done at the dealership which is expensive but I have never experienced ANY issues. Of all the cars I have previously owned, this is the first car that I truly enjoy driving. I would recommend this as a used car for anyone purchasing. I will only buy Lexus going forward based on my experience with this car.

Best deal on the road!
By JLK on 11/08/05 14:23 PM (PST)

1997 Lexus SC 300 2dr Coupe

Best looking and driving used 2 door sport coupe for the money. Comfortable. Seats 4 or 5 if needed. Still feels like a $40,000 car at a third of the price. Quality and luxury.

Clean and beautiful
By Beverly G Hickman on 03/09/04 00:00 AM (PST)

1997 Lexus SC 300 2dr Coupe

This car is clean well kept and driven by me, the owner, for the last 6 years. It is black and beautiful. It drives and rides like a dream.

Luxury and Sport
By drrobert on 06/14/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1997 Lexus SC 300 2dr Coupe

Luxury. Perfomance. Both coexisting happily in the Lexus SC 300 Coupe. Drive for hours on the interstate and it will seem like minutes. The car goes wherever you point it and requires barely one finger to steer. Steering by telepathy, I call it. Drive over the roughest terrain and the car stays on course. No road condition upsets this car, such as bumps in mid- corner. And its quiet. Cant even tell the engine is running except for the beautiful sound of the exhaust.