SC300 5-speed = Class and Performance
By Unixwizard on
1995 Lexus SC 300 2dr Coupe
Ultimate combination of sport car and luxury car. The 5-speed and its exact effortless steering make this a dream car. It goes where your point it and it gives perfect feedback to the driver on road condition. Amenities are complete and the class factor means you don't have anything to prove to anyone. This car is basically a Supra NA in a tux. This isn't just Lexus' idea of a sports car, its a sport car built and backed by Lexus. You aren't getting mine and there are only 781 others. Keep looking.
Favorite Features
5-Speed, Precise effortless steering, excellent handling, superb reliability, regal fit and finish, and of course the telescoping steering wheel that automatically moves into and out of your way when you insert or take out the key.
Suggested Improvements
Its a Supra NA motor, and it has been throttled back for Lexus. The Supra 6-speed, twin turbo motor, and rear end all bolt right in, and they should have sold the car with the same twin turbo that they sell it with in other countries under the Soarer name.
By nycluxury
on 01/17/11 21:13 PM (PST)

I couldn't agree with you more. I've owned my 1995 SC-300 w/manual 5 speed since 10/1994 and it has been the BEST car I've ever owned. To date, it still looks brand new and has been VERY WELL TAKEN CARE OF. It still turns heads and I even get cash offers for it from time to time. The suspension, combined with the manual transmission just eats up tight winding curves with ease. After 15 years and 145k miles, it still runs strong and I plan to drive it for another 15 years if I can. Cheers to the other 780 owners of this amazing machine.