Used 1995 Lexus SC 300 Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

1995 Lexus Sc-300 - Consumer Reviews

1995 Lexus SC 300

Base 3.0L 6-cyl. 5-speed Manual - (9 reviews )

Title: the best of the best
By lsz5343

1995 Lexus SC 300 2dr Coupe

Review: I am the original owner of a jade green, 5 speed, in mint condition, 1995 SC300 with 105k miles that I love more then any car I have ever owned. I still feel proud when I get behind the wheel and take it for a spin. Heads roll when I stop at a light and the car gets the royal look over..some folks have me roll down my window to ask what year and model it is...it still drives and feels like the day I bought it and except for the A/C going out a few years ago, and a leaking rack and pinion that had to be replaced, it has been the least expensive car to own I have ever had. I will keep this car for as long as parts are still available.

Toyota Knows How To Build Them!
By sc300

1995 Lexus SC 300 2dr Coupe

I bought this car with over 150,000 miles and it drove and handled beautifully! I was always complemented on the look of the vehicle, and the handling was amazing. My window regulator had to be replaced, the trunk shocks stopped working and were hard to find and the retractable radio antenna was too loud, but other than that it was reliable and had plenty of power! I no longer own it, it was involved in an accident. It's hard to find a 14 yr old car that comes close to retaining the handling or the luxury of the sc.

Favorite Features

Speed, handling, heated seats, telescopic steering wheel, exterior...

Suggested Improvements

Didn't like the 6-cd changer in trunk, trunk space too small, back seat could be roomier, trunk shock replacement I read were common for this car.

Bring back this SC body style
By SS

1995 Lexus SC 300 2dr Coupe

I have 356,000 on this car. I've never had any major problems with this car. Waited to purchase the new SC series but was disappointed with the size... very tiny made for a Lady. So I kept my car and because of size now looking to buy something else. But I love this SC300 so much!

Favorite Features

Big 2 door sports car. Classy look and feel. Feels like a well build auto.

Suggested Improvements

None. Bring back this body style or at least the size.

A Winner!
By D. Phelan

1995 Lexus SC 300 2dr Coupe

I purchased this SC 300 new on July 1, 1994. It has been a perfect car. I often considered buying a new car of the past 13 years, but then I ask myself "Why?" I now pay an annual license fee of only $88 and have no monthly payments and the car runs like new. It has classic styling and will never look dated.

Favorite Features

Roadability, fuel economy (23 city & 30 hwy), and low maintenance costs.

Suggested Improvements

Need extra cig lighter for charging cell phones, etc.

Beautiful Sports Coupe
By Aadil

1995 Lexus SC 300 2dr Coupe

This Lexus is an excellent sports car. It handles beautifully, has plenty of power, and just looks stellar! I have gotten quite a few compliments from strangers about this car. It also definitely turns heads.

Favorite Features

Style, power, quality (reliablity), and sporty-luxury! Power tilt and telescoping steering wheel,and power passenger side chair.

Suggested Improvements

You could always use more horsepower! Needs Xenon HID headlights and LED tailights!