High Quality Machine
By BamaJim on
1993 Lexus SC 300 2dr Coupe
Please realize that I purchased my SC300 with automatic just two weeks ago, so my review is only initial. My car has been very well maintained, largely by a Lexus dealership, throughout its life. 115K miles. I believe the previous owners never abused it. This car should be bought by a mature person who appreciates what he's driving. This auto trans SC300 is intended as a cruiser, not a racer, but it IS capable of being quite sporty. When pushed, it corners flat, has quick steering and excellent pickup. It has a quite firm suspension, more so than its image indicates. Everything in this car works smoothly. Superb for being 12 years old. I was not a Lexus fan, but my car is special.
Favorite Features
The overall beauty of this beast - it's a work of art just sitting in the driveway. The inline 6 engine - looks, smooothness, balance. 7 speaker radio - no distortion. It has beautiful, strong, double hinged doors - doors close like new. Nothing looks cheap. Fine leather seats. Design of dash.
Suggested Improvements
As it is not made anymore, kind of moot. But, suggest availability of a small Fixed radio antenna (or in the windshild) to replace the current auto up-down one. AM reception is so-so. Somewhat raised rear sits for the kids. More room in trunk - less for radio. 5- speed auto rather than 4-speed.