Gracefully aged
By zoolander1 on
1993 Lexus SC 300 2dr Coupe
I bought a 1993 SC300 with 135k miles from its original owner for $5000. It's black with a tan interior and a 4 speed Automatic. The overall build quality shows after 20 years. It's solid, everything works, and the materials withheld form and finish throughout the years. The paint is shinny and the engine is very, very strong. We plan on keeping it for at least 2, 3 years and then pass it on.
Favorite Features
The engine, the build quality as I said, this car is fully functional and has some sort of timeless body style, a bit on the conservative. The interior materials are nearly perfect. Japanese interiors/clusters are not the best looking but in this car, Lexus kept it pretty basic and simple. The leather is thick, and soft, and the carpet is soft. Road noise is minimal and rattles are kept to a minimum as well. We only drive this car about 20, 30 miles a week and on occasional weekend trips of about 400 miles and we love it.
Suggested Improvements
Gas mileage! This car is a 6 cylinder 3.0 engine with a 4 speed automatic transmission and we get about 21 mpg hwy. I think it's pretty low given that we don't race or speed over 70, 75 miles per hour. We don't mind it too much as I stated above, we drive this car about 200 a month therefore we don't fill up the 20 gal tank too often. Trunk space is a joke; it's shallow and a few items will fill it very quick. Rear seat space is below coupe's standard, but I don't think this car was designed to be a family hauler. On the other hand, the driver and front seat passenger have plenty of space and comfort.