1993 Lexus SC 300 Coupe - Consumer Reviews

Base 3.0L 6-cyl. 5-speed Manual - (15 reviews )
Gracefully aged
By zoolander1 on 08/20/13 15:38 PM (PDT)

1993 Lexus SC 300 Coupe 2dr Coupe

I bought a 1993 SC300 with 135k miles from its original owner for $5000. It's black with a tan interior and a 4 speed Automatic. The overall build quality shows after 20 years. It's solid, everything works, and the materials withheld form and finish throughout the years. The paint is shinny and the engine is very, very strong. We plan on keeping it for at least 2, 3 years and then pass it on.

The Lexus Supra
By mparsona on 06/20/11 03:24 AM (PDT)

1993 Lexus SC 300 Coupe 2dr Coupe

These are great cars if you can find one with a factory 5-speed manual (or perform a manual swap). I had read about SC300's years before buying one and knew of their extremely close lineage to the fourth generation Toyota Supra sports cars and especially the much better equipped Toyota Soarers (same exact car except for the engine). I got my chance a year ago when I found a higher mileage 5-speed model. It only had one prior owner and had no accident history. Save some expected cosmetic wear (replaced/fixed easily through parts channels/forums) and the need to do routine maintenance to a used car it has been an excellent drive and totally reliable.

My hot rod
By Leap'n Lexus on 10/11/09 23:59 PM (PDT)

1993 Lexus SC 300 Coupe 2dr Coupe

I purchased my SC300 5 speed manual in 1999 from the wife of a former general manager of a major Toyota/Lexus dealer. It had about 85,000 miles at the time. Now has a smidge under 250,000 miles on the odometer and still runs with the big dogs. I'm one who likes power and speed and the speed of my car still surprises me and those who challenge it...even an SC430. I've replaced the clutch, air conditioner, radiator and recently discovered I need to replace the harmonic balancer, But it's still a definite keeper. Oh, I've finally decided to start babying it.

Finally bought an SC 300
By cangold on 07/05/06 20:46 PM (PDT)

1993 Lexus SC 300 Coupe 2dr Coupe

I've wanted this Lexus for the past 12 yrs and finaly bought this one owner, well taken care of SC 300. It has 147K and I know with routine oil changes it'll go another 250K plus. I know I'll have normal wear and tear but for the price I paid everything works now and I have a luxury drive. Nicest car I've owned and I've had 20 in the past 30 yrs..

Awesome
By cangold on 06/21/06 06:13 AM (PDT)

1993 Lexus SC 300 Coupe 2dr Coupe

I've been wanting an SC 300 for 10 yrs now and finally bought this near mint 13 yr young one w/ auto and dark Brisith green. I've owned about 15 cars and this by far feels the safest and all around great car to drive. I feel like the SC 300 was made for me... love the interior and everything works perfectly. I know this engine will last another 100k plus, so I'm keeping until the end.

Reliability Defined
By BigLexusFan on 02/23/06 10:46 AM (PST)

1993 Lexus SC 300 Coupe 2dr Coupe

I am the original owner of my SC300, and in almost 13 years of ownership, I have had to replace only the starter (rebuilt for about $300) and some gasket seals. The rest of my ownership has been only the standard maintenance at the various intervals (the Big ones are at 60K and 90K). This is the first Lexus I bought, and I will remain a Lexus fan forever after this experience. Not only does the car still look sharp, but you can get the Lexus ownership experience for around $5-6K now used. I doubt you could find a better vehicle out there for that price.

High Quality Machine
By BamaJim on 10/22/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

1993 Lexus SC 300 Coupe 2dr Coupe

Please realize that I purchased my SC300 with automatic just two weeks ago, so my review is only initial. My car has been very well maintained, largely by a Lexus dealership, throughout its life. 115K miles. I believe the previous owners never abused it. This car should be bought by a mature person who appreciates what he's driving. This auto trans SC300 is intended as a cruiser, not a racer, but it IS capable of being quite sporty. When pushed, it corners flat, has quick steering and excellent pickup. It has a quite firm suspension, more so than its image indicates. Everything in this car works smoothly. Superb for being 12 years old. I was not a Lexus fan, but my car is special.

An SC to be Proud Of
By LateefLexus on 06/29/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

1993 Lexus SC 300 Coupe 2dr Coupe

I will begin with the negative so I'll have enough room for the positive. The only problem was with the starter and it was replaced at the dealer($580). In addition the dashboard gauges are going out. Too expensive at the dealer, I saw them on ebay for a great price. I suggest you get repair work at a regular Toyota/Lexus mechanic. They are out there, just make sure you look. I do enjoy this machine, it is a pleasure to drive. Shorter and longer distances should fear this vehicle. I enjoy larger sport coupes and the handling is luxurious and a pleasure.

Best Car I've Ever Owned!
By kent34 on 09/06/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1993 Lexus SC 300 Coupe 2dr Coupe

I've had 3 minor problems over the 10 years I've enjoyed this car. I will own it for over 150,000 miles and expect the reliability to continue. A wonderfully constructed and beautifully designed car. Strangers still comment on how great it looks.

Love My Lexus!
By Toot on 03/18/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1993 Lexus SC 300 Coupe 2dr Coupe

I purchased my 1993 Lexus SC300 5 years ago. It has 5 speed, sun roof, a/c, CD player, phone mounted in console, leather and i love it. I would trade my husband before I traded my Lexus. It's been reliable, fun to drive, and I've not had any maintenance issues with it (so far). The only problem is the rear wheel drive and living in Pennsylvania, I'm not on the road much in the winter!!